Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst state you've been in due to substance abuse

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some cracking stories to read here. Shame some turned it into a moral debate which really wasn't the point of his thread.

Never done anything hard myself but during my weed days 10 yrs + ago I remember once rents were away. A few of us went out in a car and a mate decided to egg this house. I was ridiculously paranoid someone had jumped in their car & followed us - quite scary how paranoid I'd got that night!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I was reading very recently about a sexually abused girl who ran away and got into drugs. She only has herself to blame for taking drugs to blot out her memory and ease the pain? Is this what you're saying?

For a someone with experience in this field you certainly seem to miss the point.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sterns....only went the once, but what an experience. :bowdown:

Hard as f**k in the bottom room, think Lenny Dee was playing, felt like walking down onto the airplane runway, was so loud, so booming, so flipping amazing :thumbsup:

There is a sterns documentary coming out soon apparently. Or is it already out?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Wot no E? No cannabis? Get back on that bike!

Es and weed.

Ecstasy...nothing new from me on that front. Saw a documentary once about chronic depressives going to Canada to be given pure MDMA therapy. That's what the molecule should be used for IMO. I spent several years partying hard with it. Brilliant gear.
Cannabis. I went to a Masonic dinner with my dad after a couple of uber skunk spliffs. I was a junior master which meant greeting all of the lodge officers and their wives and getting them a drink. I was so off my tits that I must have come across like a total tit, dribbling and muttering and laughing hysterically. Not pretty.

There's a photo of me sitting on a table with all the Sussex dignitaries in black ties...my face is totally mongo, stoned eyes and sloppy grin. Not my finest hour.
on the DMT front...I went to this mad thing in Aldingbourne where we all took Ayahuasca and went in search of our totem animals...it remains with me as one of the most intense and eye opening nights of my life. We had full on group telepathy and were involved in this insane ride where I realised that life, all life is constantly rushing forward into the future like a massive express train with us all sitting on the front of this incredible roller coaster with all of history behind us..we are god experiencing himself subjectively. Also understood that spirit resides in all things but particularly around water sources which have their own guardians as do trees and animals.

I could go on.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So taking drugs and giving in to the fact your kids will take drugs is normal. Glad my dad wasn't like you.

How can you not give in to a 'fact'? It's a fact, you have no choice about giving in to it. The only choice you have is how to deal with it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How can you not give in to a 'fact'? It's a fact, you have no choice about giving in to it. The only choice you have is how to deal with it.

It's not a fact. It is a possibility/probability. If it were a fact, that would mean that 100% of kids will take drugs! and that simply isn't the case.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's not a fact. It is a possibility/probability. If it were a fact, that would mean that 100% of kids will take drugs! and that simply isn't the case.
It is normal for kids to take drugs. This is the fact that uncle c stated and the one I was referring too. Of course not all kids take drugs.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There's a photo of me sitting on a table with all the Sussex dignitaries in black ties...my face is totally mongo, stoned eyes and sloppy grin. Not my finest hour.
on the DMT front...I went to this mad thing in Aldingbourne where we all took Ayahuasca and went in search of our totem animals...it remains with me as one of the most intense and eye opening nights of my life. We had full on group telepathy and were involved in this insane ride where I realised that life, all life is constantly rushing forward into the future like a massive express train with us all sitting on the front of this incredible roller coaster with all of history behind us..we are god experiencing himself subjectively. Also understood that spirit resides in all things but particularly around water sources which have their own guardians as do trees and animals..

This has somehow been off my radar, definitely on the to do list now.

I've recently started reading about buddhism and their ideas about consciousness and reality are really interesting. Whenever see anything about the soul being transient or the ability to separate our consciousness from our body it always makes me think of my time on mind benders. I used to think that it was just all inside the head but there's so much evidence to suggest that it really isn't. Western science is starting to catch up with these ideas that have been around for thousands of years, there's definitely more to life than we understand.

Anyone interested in this stuff should also look into lucid dreaming. It's also something that has come onto my radar recently and I've managed to do it once very briefly - the rush is absolutely immense! It takes some effort to learn though and I kind of stopped trying because I was busy with other things. Once the clocks go back I'm going to have another proper crack at it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For a someone with experience in this field you certainly seem to miss the point.

I was asking a question. There wasn't any point for me to miss. I'm not totally sure I understand your reply. Was it meant for me?

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
This has somehow been off my radar, definitely on the to do list now.

I've recently started reading about buddhism and their ideas about consciousness and reality are really interesting. Whenever see anything about the soul being transient or the ability to separate our consciousness from our body it always makes me think of my time on mind benders. I used to think that it was just all inside the head but there's so much evidence to suggest that it really isn't. Western science is starting to catch up with these ideas that have been around for thousands of years, there's definitely more to life than we understand.

You can get Ayahuasca on tinternet but, word of caution, try and do it with a benign group rather than alone. I think solitary tripping would lead to problems.

I don't see DMT as tripping really. More like a profound insight into how things really are. We are spirits surrounded by multiple dimensions. Sure there are physical laws which govern our material lives but they are illusory.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No it wasn't sorry. It was meant for the unsympathetic care worker :)

Ah. I see. My question was aimed at the same unsympathetic care worker. :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
crumbs lets hope thats not the way things work

my moral compass would be in the bermuda triangle if that was the case.

long time no speak fish:thumbsup:

Has been a while Pasta, I have been avoiding bickering about politics :bla:

Hope you are well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here