The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Oh and

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
But why should "all else fail"? There must be a hundred left-backs in the country we could sign. Is there REALLY any excuse for not being able to get one?

If that is the case why are we looking at a non league player?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ok then Gillingham.

You pick the nicest places to try and arrange a date.

What actually happened is you were moaning on here about not being allowed into the ground.

What I pointed out on here (after someone noted to me who you were afterwards) was that you were.. er shit faced.

:lolol:

It went something along the lines of, remember that drunk bloke outside the pub...

Now I'm not the one to start anything personal on here, but I do like to point put the truth when questioned.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Because he's CHEAP, which in itself will attract the albion's attention. If he turns out to be ok, we'll have pulled off a bargain. If he isn't, as I suspect he won't be, oh well, we'll just send him back. You can't tell me there isn't a left-back in this country capable of playing league one football who would sign for us. I mean for a start there's Matt Richards - a proven quality performer who we could, in all likelihood, afford to pay, and would definitely sign for us. Why the hell is a) he not signed up and on our books right now, and b) Kerry Mayo still even turning up for training? That's a sequence of events that BAFFLES me to be honest.

Elder failed
Loft failure
Dixon i reckon a failure
Revell excellent
Pitcher Failure

I believe that if Adams cannot sign a left back and Mayo keeps training with us......
I'd rather get a player in on loan for a season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You pick the nicest places to try and arrange a date.

What actually happened is you were moaning on here about not being allowed into the ground.

What I pointed out on here (after someone noted to me who you were afterwards) was that you were.. er shit faced.

:lolol:

But i was keeping myself to myself.Did you cream your pants when you learnt who i was?

Attachments

• AHRVNJDCAH1TGF4CA9W0LS9CA3GWUORCAXZETGBCARL1FU1CAI3EXYZCA6ACXRDCAE091U8CATDOBCYCAA2O5IWCA1OMM37CARSK
    3.3 KB · Views: 50

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not only do we need a left back we also need a forward.None of our back up strikers are that good.I wouldn't have Currie myself.Can't run or defend.His not a 90 minute man.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yeah, I'd agree with needing a striker. Currently I'd fancy our first eleven to do well against anyone in this league, but with the exception of centre-half we have nothing in reserve for any position. How often do you reckon a manager gets to put out his first choice team in a season? Ten MAX I would say, which suggests we'll need a reserve striker (better than Gatting or Dixon), a reserve midfielder (better than Fraser or El Abd), and a left-back.

But on the flip side you can juggle with the formation.If Murray was out injured then you could possibly play with just one up front and chuck in an extra attacking midfielder like Loft

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Overall our squad is certainly stronger then last year but unfortunately i believe the league is stronger this year.Leeds will be up there along with Leicester.The Foxes have spent 800k on one player.Colchester have spent 500k on one player and you have Southend who look strong anyway.A play off place is really our aim

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Elder failed
Loft failure
Dixon i reckon a failure
Revell excellent
Pitcher Failure

I believe that if Adams cannot sign a left back and Mayo keeps training with us......
I'd rather get a player in on loan for a season.

Elder wasn't really a failure though, actually looked like he could do a job from the bench and then we sold him for a profit because Wilkins refused to give him a real chance. Dixon has played about an hour of league football, im not sure you can really judge the guy on that.

Anyway just because previous players haven't been the best doesn't mean this one wont be, there are talents in none league.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Elder wasn't really a failure though,

really - his playing record at the club states otherwise,

He didn't make the breakthrough that he needed to, and when i did see him play in the 1st team, he was very poor (probably had the worst missed chance to score at Withdean - 2 yards out and empty net yet failed to even make contact with the ball in a cup match) he didn't look good enough to play for us, definite failure imo.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"New Stadium burnt down on opening day!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here