Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst players ever to play for England

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
i have a mate who was working in a bar in newcastle when waddle came in with about 8 of his friends, the bar was very busy and my mate and the other staff didnt pay particular attention to waddle and continued serving the customers in order.
Chris waddle got very shirty about having to wait and came out with the classic ' dont you know who i am'
To which one of the bar staff replied 'yes youre the twat that missed that penalty for england'

Classic :lolol: :clap: :clap2:

Waddle got real pissed and walked out :lolol:

Aug 25, 2003
:lolol: Similar story about Tory MP & Chelsea fan Sebastian Coe. His beloved blues were away at Oxford's old Manor Ground in a League Cup tie on a wet Tuesday night. Now Seb didn't want to slum it with all the other Blues fans behind the goal so he made his way round to the Main Stand thinking that they would let him in because of who he was. Seb adorned in blue and white scarf arrived at the entrance to the stand to be met by a burly steward. Seb was refused entry because the steward said home fans only, Chelsea fans behind the goal, to which Seb retorted "but i'm Sebastian Coe" "Well it won't take you long to get round the other side of the ground then" came the witty repost from the steward!

Jeff Astle . Never forgiven for missing an open goal from 5 yards in a crucial World Cup game.
Steve Foster (he was over-rated for Brighton too. He was great at fouling forwards when the ref was unsighted, and the headband ?....full-on poseur!)
Alan Smith - I have to agree he is just a bad-tempered little berk and has no talent to back it up.

As an addenda, I question the inclusion of Hargreaves, who really hasn't proved much but was chosen just to make sure he wasn't played by the Germans - and the EXclusion of Graeme LeSaux, especially when we have a great need for someone who can play the left wing, and he's still an in-form player . Wilcox was ok for one game and that was that - and there's a glaring lack of talent in that position. Beckham keeps wandering over to play that side and leaving a gap on the right. Why not just play LeSaux and forget about Dyer, who is plainly not good enough to be there?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agree with all that NMH, good call on Astle - and to think people moan about Heskey!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
In my opinion:

Peter Withe - big lumbering target man
Geoff Thomas - useless
Neil Webb - immobile
Paul Parker - poor defender
Mark Hateley - was lucky to play at such an elevated level
Phil Neville - what the f**k
Kerry Dixon - great club player, couldn't cut it on the international scene

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
STEVE BULL????

Who can forget the goal he scored against the Jocks at Hampden

:clap2: :salute: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

IMHO Carlton palmer was by far and away the worst player ever to put on an England shirt

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Andy Cole (How many apperances? and still no goals)
Darren Anderton (Could not Pass)

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
More Palace in Sussex tha said:
:wave: Evening Beach Hut. Without a doubt Geoff Thomas (even Palace fans were stunned)
No we weren`t. That year he was exceptional and Salako had a great debut game for England had he not got injured i`m sure Salako would have played more games in the white shirt.
I think our England recognition is a big jealousy factor here so give these players a break they deserved their call up for England and rightly so.
My worst England player would be Steve Bull.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why Steve Bull?

Oct 5, 2003
Geoff Thomas and Chris Waddle (never forgiven the penalty miss) also Rio Ferdinand (CHEATING S***) and gareth Southgate

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
dave the gaffer said:
why Steve Bull?
Why Geoff Thomas and John Salako and anybody else for that matter.
I just didn`t rate him at that time as there were better players up front than him.

Ian Wright,Shearer,Mark Bright,Sherringham was about as well.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here