Votes: 1 0.9%
  • other

Votes: 13 11.9%

• Total voters

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I voted for Wayne Henderson as although I have been an Albion supporter for over 40 years some of the players named I couldn't even remember (so they couldn't have been that bad) and Henderson was generally poor on the pitch and slated the Club & fans when he left.

Very few leaving players do this and I think he joined Preston where he quickly continued his form and went from first team to bench to nowhere.

You sure about that bit? I don't remember it.

As for the "afterwards" part, he had a more-or-less career ending injury not long after joining Preston.

I must say I seem to have a habit for seeing the positives in players everyone else turns on (Henderson, Martot, Dicker), but I really thought he was mostly quite a decent keeper, although I wasn't at THAT Bournemouth game, but that was just one match.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Mark Farrington is in a different league, for the life of me I still don't see what Barry Lloyd saw in him.

I saw him in a reserve match and he scored a fantastic goal, beating two players and curling it in the net.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
No Mark Farrington even though mention most on other thread??

EDIT: sprry just seen mentioned I was slow typing as at work on phone

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I voted for Wayne Henderson as although I have been an Albion supporter for over 40 years some of the players named I couldn't even remember (so they couldn't have been that bad) and Henderson was generally poor on the pitch and slated the Club & fans when he left.

Very few leaving players do this and I think he joined Preston where he quickly continued his form and went from first team to bench to nowhere.

cant have been that bad we got 150k for him And idont remeber him slating us ?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Nowhere??? On 15 March 2011, after battling against a serious spine injury for over two years and never fully recovering, Henderson was released from his contract at Preston.[4] He announced his retirement the following week.

Played for preston at a higher level and then an international football so can't count. and lots of people (payers, managers, charimen, etc) slagged off the club when they left

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
No Mark Farrington even though mention most on other thread??

EDIT: sprry just seen mentioned I was slow typing as at work on phone

Farrington doesn't quite fall into the same uslessness category as the likes of Tiltman, Mahoney-Johnson or Hilton by the shear fact, he actually had one good game for us (against Burnley) and managed to score 3 goals during his time at Brighton which is more than the others managed.

His first ever goal for Brighton was a cross that deflected into the goal off his arse, as he was facing the wrong way, but they all count. :rolleyes:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've ngot Geoff Cooper. The Farrington vote is disproportionate because of the fee paid. But in terms of the worst player Cooper was far far worse. Hilton/Tiltman would be a very close second.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No idea why Hobson and Peake are in that list, don't deserve to be. Hobson was a good solid defender, Peake an average midfielder. Nothing especially crap about them.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Nowhere??? On 15 March 2011, after battling against a serious spine injury for over two years and never fully recovering, Henderson was released from his contract at Preston.[4] He announced his retirement the following week.

Played for preston at a higher level and then an international football so can't count. and lots of people (payers, managers, charimen, etc) slagged off the club when they left

I was at a good chunk of his international appearances as well. He played very well, and it was fantastic to see Club: Brighton & Hove Albion in the programme, at a time when the idea of internationals playing for us was unheard of.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Where's Turienzo, too?
Or Scott Barnes?
Or Valur Gislasson?
Wayne Henderson?! Laugable.

I'd completely forgotten about Scott Barnes. Great hair though.

I think almost everyone from our 1997-98 squad deserves a nomination for worst player ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here