Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst performance under Poyet?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Palace controlled the game for 75+ mins, Harley, Dicker and Barnes were completely anonymous. Tanno was ridiculously slow and gave us no options (Calde injured?). Need to sort it, 1/9 points is pretty bad.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yup, a good summary, especially Harley.

Have to say that I thought Gus got it wrong tactically today, the warning signs were there against Leeds too.

Palace showed more maturity. They know how to survive in this league, and it showed.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Great for the first 15, looked f***ed after that. 3 games in 6 days maybe? Hate to say it but the better team won tonight

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dreadful performance. Couldn't string two passes together. Mind you, Palace never let us settle on the ball at all, so fair play to them for that.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Gus has f***ed up twice now, the tactics for the Leeds game didn't work, and tonigjt was woeful - absolutely bloody awful.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
The Tanno/Calde situation was most surprising, what a waste of a substitution repalcing a full back because he was tired after an hour or so. Vincelot should have started at full back, played the full 90 mins, then we would have been able to make an additional tactical substitution.

Harley Dicker and Barnes were poor, Bridcutt was pretty much left to cove midfield on his own.

Assuming Calde is back for Ipswich, would like to see a midfield of Bridcutt, Vincelot, Vicente and Noone, plenty of flair but a bit of steel too.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
for me agree with most on all threads about game but painter is totally out of his depth no pace keep giving ball away and been rinsed against doncaster, pompey bristol palace to name but a few get rid and NOW

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Agree about Vincelot starting in front of Tanno. Vince looks quality and Tanno now just looks too slow.

All the Palace supporters I know have magnanimously said they thought we were showing the effects of three games in six days which may be true.

At the end of the day we're still 5th and the teams around us all f***ed it tonight too.

I think Gus will have learned a lot in the last week too.

Onwards and upwards. Let this be the low point of our season.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Wtf? Palace controlled the game for 90mins??????? We may not have been great but come on - it was a poor game but i didn't see us outplayed - we just decided to self destruct at the end.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Wtf? Palace controlled the game for 90mins??????? We may not have been great but come on - it was a poor game but i didn't see us outplayed - we just decided to self destruct at the end.

I said 75+, which you can't argue with? They kept possession and although didn't look dangerous early on in the 2nd constantly pressurized and deserved the win

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Worst performance since the first transfer window gus had, would say it's been coming after Leicester and Leeds but why did it have to happen tonight

Yoda

English & European
Seemed to be no shape at all in front of the defence. Perhaps go back to the 4-2-3-1 that worked so well against Liverpool (once the player's realised they were meant to be playing football and not star gazing).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I said 75+, which you can't argue with? They kept possession and although didn't look dangerous early on in the 2nd constantly pressurized and deserved the win
You can if you're picky. We didn't give them a kick for the first 20 mins, and the first 5-10 mins in the second half looked better. I'd say Palace controlled it for an hour, BUT they were a goal down in nearly all of that time.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You can if you're picky. We didn't give them a kick for the first 20 mins, and the first 5-10 mins in the second half looked better. I'd say Palace controlled it for an hour, BUT they were a goal down in nearly all of that time.

More like first 10 mins and first 5 in the 2nd half.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Totally disagree with you- it was a poor match and no-one controlled it. We just self destructed at the end.
Palace had 55% possession and double the amount of shots. That is dominant away from home whichever way you look at it

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Totally disagree with you- it was a poor match and no-one controlled it. We just self destructed at the end.

Get those rose tinted glasses off! The reason the crowd was so subdued in the 2nd half was because most reasonable fans could see what was coming and I don't think anyone was really surprised when the scum equalised, it had been coming for a while.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Palace dominated us and we kept giving the ball to them to keep doing it. We were shit all over the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here