Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
If anyone DARES to vote for Splash FM on this thread :censored:

Splash OWNS the Worthing area!

:bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have started to listen to SCR more lately as I think the morning show up to 1.00pm is quite good driving listening music and chat and in the afternoons Tommy Boyd is ok a great improvement on previous presenters.

I will not listen to Splash F,M because they pronounce The e of Teville as in egg when everybody who has lived in Worthing for any number of years, like me born and bred, knows that the e is pronounced as in teeth.

Bloody incomers who dont know!!

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
RM-Taylor said:
Although I do like Lady Sovereign as in her music

YOU! You're the one that keeps requesting Lady Chavrings on Rapture then. I knew it had to be a real person not a recurring playout bug :jester:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I've always hated Southern from its conception, but what really clinched it for me was the first game at Withdean, where the soppy bint & a colleague, tried to get us to do a 'Mexican Wave'. They were left in no doubt about how we felt about it. Winkers.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've run into Orchard FM recently. Don't remember it being especially better or worse than all the others, but that's not a great name for a happening radio station.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually dont mind Southern FM.

Its not all boom boom type music and the Sunday morning show playing the oldies is good.

I tend to listen to 5Live in the mornings, but if I want to listen to a music station in the mornings, Southern is the one. I tried to listen to Chris Moyles the other moprning whist taking my youngest to Loughboro and he so annoyed me i had to switch it over

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Although I haven't lived in the area for a bit Southern FM was always dire. I swear they only had 5 songs on repeat play and new music was considered to be the likes of Craig David.

Kerrang! FM up here is great. Between 9:00 and 10:00 they play more or less one hour non stop music. Why can't other Radio stations understand that I don't want to listen to some chimp dick DJ talking about what he is having for tea and his mothers shoe size, when I could be listening to some decent music instead? As Dave says, Chris Moyles is the worst for that. If he picked up some rare disease which stopped his voice box working, that really would be a good day all round.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Believe it or not, the target audience for BBC Local Radio in 45-55 year olds. That's not to say that they don't get may more older people actually listening, of course.

Lord B, ref the BBC "having forgotten what local radio is", it was a lot worse when it all came from Guildford with none from Brighton at all....

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Southern FM is DREADFUL. Even my son has grown out of it now he's 14 so mercifully we don't have to listen to it any more. It is utter, utter, utter dull repetitive shite. Mind you as I'm middle aged and have some O levels I guess I'm not their target audience.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I cant stand sothern fm. I like SCR, Paul Millar & Gordon Astley are my favourites. Or if you have DAB, then Passion Radio is very good. Best ever radio station though has to be Freedom FM, it was consistantly brilliant - shame it only lasted 6 weeks. :(

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why does Bright have it's name changed? Are you trying to affect the poll?

I still tune into Southern FM as I only listen to local radio when driving to and from work and the traffic news is useful and relevant.

I listened to Juice for a while, but generally find it boring as hell.

When I lived in Mid Sussex, Bright was almost refreshing compared to what else was on offer.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
KNC said:
I've always hated Southern from its conception, but what really clinched it for me was the first game at Withdean, where the soppy bint & a colleague, tried to get us to do a 'Mexican Wave'. They were left in no doubt about how we felt about it. Winkers.

spot on. That colleague was her husband (now ex).

Cant stand southern fm myself. each to their own i suppose

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
sully said:
Why does Bright have it's name changed? Are you trying to affect the poll?

Sorry. Just a habit I think :)

It looks like a clear winner for Southern FM though, although I'd have thought (breakfast show notwithstanding) there are worse stations about.

I used to hate Mercury with a passion. I used to work in a Crawley office which had it tuned in all day. We once had an office sweepstake as to how many times they'd play a particular Westlife song in a 4 week period (the answer was something like 7 times a day, between 9 and 5 at least).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bright is quality - old music with the modern stuff

southern fm on the other hand is absolute wank

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There must be some competition around the UK for this title- come on exiled fans?

Magic FM, anyone? (can be a bit of a guilty pleasure for me though, I must admit). Heart? Jazz FM?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
edna krabappel said:
There must be some competition around the UK for this title- come on exiled fans?

Magic FM, anyone? (can be a bit of a guilty pleasure for me though, I must admit). Heart? Jazz FM?

is that some sort of sick joke?! magic is brilliant

i would nomiate kerrang fm, which is picked up on rthe m40 heading towards birmingham. it was utter shite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here