Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Lager

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I have to admit i,m not keen on spanish lager much, Estrella, San Miguel or Mahou all pretty awful and chemically yet generlly priced up as premium

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Fosters. Absolute shite.

I remember getting the cans with the red "Imported from Australia" label on them when I as a young lad in the '70s. Tasted so wonderful then!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Never was much of a lager drinker, but pretty much anything brewed by the Dutch, to have the Germans and Belgians as neighbours and still manage to produce bilge-water beer is pretty poor in my opinion.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
Don't usually touch the stuff me self but it would have to be Tennants followed closely by Miller, as far as I'm converned you might as well cut out the middle man and pour them straight down the urinal it wont know the difference!

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Hofmeister. Do not follow the bear.

larsmartin

Sep 23, 2011
Everyone will say Carling - and with good reason - but the insipid, unrefreshing and slightly odd-tasting Kronenberg is also worth steering clear of.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
San Miguel

seriously? one of my favorites.

Carling is awfull, as far as i recall, havent had one for well over ten years. Fosters is just poor, but can be refreashing at least. always detested Kronenburg, but one was brought for me at the Amex and the plastic cups made its funny taste go away (or they changed the beer).

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Carlsberg, think its still comes in at 3.8%abv, whats the point in that, but carlsberg export is my favourite at the moment, not many places do it though,

Oct 25, 2003
nothing worse than shit weak lager......anything under 5% is a waste of time.......and when you're not even hitting 4% there is no point whatsoever

at least stella gets you pissed........they're missing a trick in their scheme to try and make themselves sound classy........they should just admit that it's not great, but it gets you pissed quickly

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Fosters. All the cheapo lagers (Carling, Carlsberg etc.) are terrible, but Fosters also just has a really unpleasant taste to it.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
It's all rubbish. Why do you want to drink something that has been pasturised (killed). And then injected with CO2 to look like it's alive.

Horrible stuff the sooner everybody switches to the good stuff the better.

If I had to pick the worst of a BAD bunch then it would be Carling, followed closely by Fosters. And it's not because it low ABV, it's because the stuff is effectively water with food colouring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here