Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst lager you've ever drunk?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Goring Gull said:
I had some of that only bought it coz i liked the look of the bottle, Wouldn't bother again.

Having said that i'm not keen on the Kronenbourg Blanc either give me Hoegarden any day above that.

Depends what kind of Lager you like. personally I like a refreshing light one like Brahma, Sol, Corona or Bud rather than one with granted a stronger taste like Kronenbourg, Stella or Primus. I tried Kronenbourg blanc the other night and cant say that I was too impressed.

Another awful one that I forgot to mention is Amstel, so disgusting that I spent an entire 2 week holiday in Corfu drinking Cocktails because Amstel was the only lager they sold.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
chez said:
Depends what kind of Lager you like. personally I like a refreshing light one like Brahma, Sol, Corona or Bud rather than one with granted a stronger taste like Kronenbourg, Stella or Primus. I tried Kronenbourg blanc the other night and cant say that I was too impressed.

Another awful one that I forgot to mention is Amstel, so disgusting that I spent an entire 2 week holiday in Corfu drinking Cocktails because Amstel was the only lager they sold.

Corona i love drinking but my god does it give a banging chemical head the next day.....

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
chez said:
Being an off licence manager I have tried the vast majority of bottled and canned lagers. In my opinion the best is Bud (american not the czech shit) and the worst is Lynx.

Hang on. You're a professional drinks retailer and you rate Budweiser above all others? Are you sure you're in the right job?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Monkey Man said:
Hang on. You're a professional drinks retailer and you rate Budweiser above all others? Are you sure you're in the right job?
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: this man speaks the truth bud. You always did have funny tastes though:p

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Monkey Man said:

Yep, same as I rate Precosio Rioja above any Chateau Margaux Ive ever tasted. Thats the good thing about alcoholic drinks, as long as they are made correctly everything else is down to personal opinion.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Fatboy Quim said:
worst lager for reasons other than taste is Hurlimanns. Me and that stuff really don't get along at all.

I know what you mean with Hurliman's and not getting on. Generally I do exactly what it says on the tin with Hurliman's, but one night in Zurich after an extensive session on the stuff I walked out of the bar and promptly got tear gased.

The worst lager I have come across is some Bulgarian stuff, I think it was Astika, truely vile.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Sol & San Miguel are cheap foreign pisswater marketed to make you believe they are premium beers and in order to fleece you of £2-3 a bottle. I remember drinking this pish in my youth with a very fashionable slice of lime shoved down the neck of the bottle which at least masked the shite taste of the beer somewhat!

I also recall drinking Breaker lager in my teens which was devils urine!

For some reason I can't fathom I actually like Budweiser?!? but nowadays I prefer a nice bottle of Fullers London Porter, yum!

:drink:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Quite a good site to visit which has ratings and info on just about any beer you can think of is www.ratebeer.com

Was looking at the section titled 'Worst beers in the world' and spotted Tuborg Lager which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. Brewed (if you can say it has been brewed!) by Carlsberg it seems to be what is left over when they finish making Carlsberg!! Really horrible stuff from what I recall many years ago.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Chez, if you think 2 weeks in Corfu with only Dutch beer to drink was bad, try living there for four and a half years. The only saving grace was that Belgium was their next door neighbour, where I also spent a year and a half, they can certainly brew decent beer.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
The Maharajah of Sydney said:

Blue Tongue premium lager ( Hunter Valley , NSW ) lacks any discernable taste . Their alcholic ginger beer however is a very pleasant drop .
http://www.bluetonguebrewery.com.au/home2b.swf

Yep it's not the nicest drop! Rooftop Red is pretty disgusting!

Do they still brew KB? Have heard so many wonderful tales about it, but yet to see it in any bottle shop?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
bhaexpress said:
I have drunk something that came in a blue can, the name of which escapes me but the only reason to buy it was because it got you pissed very quickly ! Ultra strong but vile tasting.

Tennants ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here