Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst lager you've ever drunk?

D

Deleted member 2719

I haven't heard Kestrel mentioned yet all my tight mates use to bring that weak piss to my parties and drink my 1664 and i would be left with the kestrel.

:eek:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I had the misfortune recently to be bought a pint of Asahi. Japanese lager that was :sick:

Last edited:

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
worst lager for reasons other than taste is Hurlimanns. Me and that stuff really don't get along at all.

At this stage i must give a mention to that super cold shit with crushed ice in it (fosters ice i think) absolutely disgusting.

Best lagers on tap - Orangeboom, this stuff is the nuts and criminally underated; and San Miguel - a truly mighty draught lager. And on that note, im off to the boozer...:drink:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Checking in from the Bad Lager Vaterland
  • Pabst Blue Ribbon (I had this right off the production line at the Pabst Mansion in Milwaukee, and it still tasted like the exhaust from a car wash
  • Rolling Rock
  • Narragansett (A beer so bad that when a new microbrewery opened in Rhode Island, the winner of their slogan contest was "Finally, a Rhode Island beed that doesn't suck!"]
  • Beer (Yep. That's all it said. That and a UPC bar code. There was a fad for low-cost 'generic' products in US supermarkets in the early '80's that spread to beer.)
  • Anything by Coors.
  • Old Milwaukee
  • Carling Black Label
And from elsewhere:
  • Pironi
  • Wurher
  • Morretti
    All that glorious food, and wine, and no one in the damned country can make a beer.
There used to be very good regional lagers in the Old Northwest, where the German immigrant tradition was strong. I remember Leinenkugle's especially

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Mouldy Boots said:
I haven't heard Kestrel mentioned yet all my tight mates use to bring that weak piss to my parties and drink my 1664 and i would be left with the kestrel.

:eek:

Didn't realsise that muck was still on sale, you're right though its quite vile.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lynx lager is pretty shite as well - some tight wad always take sit to parties as the next morning it's all that is left in the fridge.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
_39447282_hofmeister_203.jpg

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Hoffmeister used to be 80p a pint in teh Wine lodge when i was 18 so about 10 years ago, we used to bolt it down thinking it was a right bargain!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I brought something recently, Morrison's and have seen it in Tesco. Some Brazilian lager,:ohmy: :( Alabrahma ??? or some odd name. Never ever again.:eek: :albion:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Leekbrookgull said:
I brought something recently, Morrison's and have seen it in Tesco. Some Brazilian lager,:ohmy: :( Alabrahma ??? or some odd name. Never ever again.:eek: :albion:

I think you may mean Brahma, it is in a curvy bottle. Only my opinion but it is gorgeous stuff and sells like hotcakes in Seaford at £1.09 a bottle.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
chez said:
I think you may mean Brahma, it is in a curvy bottle. Only my opinion but it is gorgeous stuff and sells like hotcakes in Seaford at £1.09 a bottle.

I had some of that only bought it coz i liked the look of the bottle, Wouldn't bother again.

Having said that i'm not keen on the Kronenbourg Blanc either give me Hoegarden any day above that.

WORD OF WARNING THOUGH to many pints of the white beer give you the trots badly the next day. So not only doe sit empty the wallet at £3.50 a pint it empties your guts....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here