Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Ground you been to?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
How about Twerton Park, Bristol Rovers old ground in Bath. Conditions were poor and we always seemed to lose when I went which did not help. Also Luton was poor as there was no room and the whole end was inadequate for our level of support. The overall worst ground I have seen Albion at has to be Sudbury. I know non league grounds tend to be poor for away fans but that is the worst I have been to.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Worst view: White Hart Lane, Dean Court (old)
Worst pitch: Recreation Ground (Aldershot)
Worst stewards: Old Trafford, Priestfield
Lack of Atmosphere: Ashton Gate, Vicarage Road (old)
Pickpockets: Selhurst Park
Worst parking: White Hart Lane, Selhurst Park
Worst queues: Fratton Park, Goldstone
Worst ticketing arrangements: Withdean
Worst locations (unattractive): Kenilworth Road, Fellows Park (old Walsall ground)
Worst policing: Hereford, Bournemouth
Worst crushes: Recreation Ground (Aldershot)
Worst aggro inside: White Hart Lane, Goldstone
Worst aggro outside: Fratton Park
Worst grub: Fellows Park (old Walsall ground)
Too crowded inside: City Ground (Nottingham), Goldstone (on a few occasions), White Hart Lane, Old Den (sometimes)

These are dated. But the only ground I vowed never to go to again was Priestfield. It was a combination of generally dreariness and petty aggravation, and everything was terrible but not the worst.

I'd sooner say what the best grounds were.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
For the view Colchester and Gillingham - the terraces were too shallow. The cow shed down the side at Darlington wasn't great either.

Worst toilets - Swansea and the Manor Ground, Oxford.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Some of the current premier sides had the worst ground facilities for away supporters when we were in the top flight ... I remember Leeds and Man City in particular when we were caged on open terracing in frost, snow and rain, with no access to bogs and in coin and sharp object pelting distance of the neanderthals from the north

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
Macclesfield town, away on a wet tues eve. lost 1.0, Peter Smith the best player on the pitch! I think only Donny were below us at the time.
I think we parked the car right by the turnstiles. Bogs in the away end were a single portaloo. Hopefully we will never play there again.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
fatbadger said:
Withdean & the JJB

I agree with the earlier poster who said that the grounds most call shit are usually the ones I call proper football grounds. My deep, deep love for Brockville (RIP) is a case in point.

I'm sorry FB but I'm not letting you away with that. Brockville was an absolute shithole. I remember going there in 1991 six years after Bradford and we went in the main (wooden) stand. Underneath the main stand there was enough timber and planks of wood to engulf the whole ground let alone the stand. Absolute disgrace. The toilets were Moldovan chic. Mind you Central Park at Cowdenbeath takes some beating. Should stick to stock car racing.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I hate priestfield, just an awful place.

Stockport was pretty crap view, crap pitch and crap atmosphere (in the home end anyway)

I actually quite like Col U, noisy little tin shed :clap:

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Northampton (The old ground)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Cheltenham was pretty bad oh and Barnet. But I can't stand Selhurst. It oozes scum and makes my skin crawl just thinking about it

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Jambo Seagull said:
I'm sorry FB but I'm not letting you away with that. Brockville was an absolute shithole. I remember going there in 1991 six years after Bradford and we went in the main (wooden) stand. Underneath the main stand there was enough timber and planks of wood to engulf the whole ground let alone the stand. Absolute disgrace. The toilets were Moldovan chic. Mind you Central Park at Cowdenbeath takes some beating. Should stick to stock car racing.

When I mentioned Scottish grounds earlier I had completely forgotten the Blue Brazils (what a joke!) home ground ... probably worse than Ochilview and Montrose combined .... but there are some good small Scottish grounds ... Stair Park, Stranraer is beautiful in the early Autumn and Spring but fecking bleak in the winter!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Finchley Seagull said:
How about Twerton Park, Bristol Rovers old ground in Bath. Conditions were poor and we always seemed to lose when I went which did not help.

good shout. that place is a proper odd little shithole!!

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Cheltenham, although there are some decent pubs in the town.
Been to Torquay a few times and it's always been bloody freezing. They used to have that tiny terrace in front of a car park.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Luton is the biggest shithole in the world (Selhurst apart). Maybe it's just that I'm some long-legged freak, but I would have needed surgery to fit in those seats, plus the various pillars and the fact that all the facilities are in someone's house - was expecting soem old woman to wander into the bog on the way to her kitchen

:nono:

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Halifax and Wigan's Springfield Park. Dishonourable mention to Cambridge as you have to walk through a field covered with cow shit to get to the visitors entrance.
I never minded walking through a field of cowshit until I had to walk back through the same field after the game, in the dark, avoiding the cows aswell.
When I think of awful grounds, I think of awful ladies' loos, and I'm sure the old Home Park at Plymouth had the same enormous hairy spider in them for several seasons.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Withdean overall
Swansea; bogs
Reading; souless
Cheltenham; away end
Colchester/luton ;view
Scunthorpe; bland:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here