Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Five Places You Have Visited

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Trufflehound said:
I'd say that Brest hate the British because they are French, not because we bombed the place in WW2. We flattened Eindhoven as well, but the Dutch don't hate us for it.

We bombed the place more than 300 times (mainly because of the U-boat pens that were there) despite being begged to stop. The pens were so heavily reinforced (7m thick roofing) that we levelled the town - every single historical building was destroyed. The Barnes-Wallis "Tallboy" bomb was developed purely for this assault. The pre-visit intel that we had specifically mentioned the anti-UK feeling that was prevalent - it seems to have been handed down over many years.

That, and because they are French!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Dick Knights Mum said:
there are times when I feel I have had a sheltered life .......................... when they advertise the joining the services to see the world - you certainly see a slice of it.

well thankyou Hampshire.

It's not all bad. You are bound to end up in some places where you are going to have problems (port areas, barrack towns), but then again you visit places that are incredible.

South Georgia with penguins, Dubai haggling in the gold souk, Morocco haggling with the locals, Caribbean high-tempo ops with gun and drug busts, States, Norway cold mornings in the mountains over the fjords, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, etc, etc - more than I can remember. Good times with bad, I suppose. Montserrat was rewarding, recovering people's belongings from exclusion zones in the volcano apron, but there have been loads more where you turn up and actually do something good - building schools, spending time with people who have shit-all, helping with developing water supplies, housing, medical aid. Not the sort of thing that makes it onto the front page, but the sort of thing that the Forces do on a daily basis!

HampshireSeagulls said:
It's not all bad. You are bound to end up in some places where you are going to have problems (port areas, barrack towns), but then again you visit places that are incredible.

South Georgia with penguins, Dubai haggling in the gold souk, Morocco haggling with the locals, Caribbean high-tempo ops with gun and drug busts, States, Norway cold mornings in the mountains over the fjords, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, etc, etc - more than I can remember. Good times with bad, I suppose. Montserrat was rewarding, recovering people's belongings from exclusion zones in the volcano apron, but there have been loads more where you turn up and actually do something good - building schools, spending time with people who have shit-all, helping with developing water supplies, housing, medical aid. Not the sort of thing that makes it onto the front page, but the sort of thing that the Forces do on a daily basis!

I am intrique what actually did you do and are you still in the forces?

LC

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
London Calling said:
I am intrique what actually did you do and are you still in the forces?

LC

he cant tell you cause he'll have to shoot you :rolleyes:

hampden park said:

As long as I am not wearing a berret, blue horizontal stripes with a string of onions around my neck, I should be OK.:lolol:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
London Calling said:
As long as I am not wearing a berret, blue horizontal stripes with a string of onions around my neck, I should be OK.:lolol:

youre right there JAQUES :lolol:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
hampden park said:

Still in, lots of jobs. Supposed to be dark blue, spent most of my time in various shades of green, light blue and civvies. Basic trade was initially logistics-based, but that was horribly boring and mundane. Saw an advert, and went for that, only slowing down now as I reach the end of my time. Possibly!

So yes, I may have to kill you, and we don't want to lose any more support, do we?!

;)

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
looking at the time hampshire, shouldnt you be off home for the weekend or have you got a duty over the weekend?
civvies on and gone at 12:00 was the routine when i was in (even earlier when i was a snr rate) :rolleyes:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
hampden park said:
looking at the time hampshire, shouldnt you be off home for the weekend or have you got a duty over the weekend?
civvies on and gone at 12:00 was the routine when i was in (even earlier when i was a snr rate) :rolleyes:

Don't work normal hours or days. Check your PM!

HampshireSeagulls said:
Still in, lots of jobs. Supposed to be dark blue, spent most of my time in various shades of green, light blue and civvies. Basic trade was initially logistics-based, but that was horribly boring and mundane. Saw an advert, and went for that, only slowing down now as I reach the end of my time. Possibly!

So yes, I may have to kill you, and we don't want to lose any more support, do we?!

;)

Argus would love that story!!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Naples - any place where they push metal crates full of empty beer bottles down cobbled streets at 6am is f***ing evil.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
ahoy hampshire seagull.....you sure we weren't in the same fight in brest?!!!! hms intrepid 6th assault squadron......bloody french...happy days!:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here