Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Film Ever

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
For anybody thats seen this could be thread closed ! got to be the worst film of all time

Agreed Battlefield Earth is truly truly awful. Anybody saying anything other than this is very very wrong.

Here are some quotes

Pretty much the Showgirls of sci-fi shoot-'em-ups.
There's really nothing here you haven't seen before, except maybe the sight of John Travolta walking around with tubes in his nose.
Watching Battlefield Earth is to a movie-watching experience what having a yeast infection is to having sex.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
The only film I've walked out the cinema for was When a Man Loves a Woman. Absolutely shocking. Only went because my girlfriend wanted us to go. The relationship was over within a matter of days after being dragged to that pile of shite.

Oh, and dishonourable mentions for Pearl Harbour and Along Came Polly.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The only film I have ever walked out of is "Holiday on the Buses", which was on a double Bill with Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which was luckily on first.

And just to be topical, how about Titanic - the most tedious load of special effects mildly tainted with a story that I have ever seen.

And Avatar, well........

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Batman film with George Clooney, can't remember exactly which one that was but it was utter dross.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The only 2 films I have walked out of are Stop! Or my Mom will shoot and a film I was in that was truly awful I couldn't watch it through my fingers anymore.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Marie Antoinette, Truly the worst film ever made. I can scarcely believe i sat through two hours of that utter dross. What's worse, is the Girlfriend hated it too! Never let her pick a film again.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think the rule should apply across the board regarding most forms of entertainment.
I'm not sure about concerts, if a group is total shite! There's probably some presiding law there too.
This was in the US, but Britain has consumer rights of course.

Ah Ok. Cheers I might try that myself one day.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Marie Antoinette, Truly the worst film ever made. I can scarcely believe i sat through two hours of that utter dross. What's worse, is the Girlfriend hated it too! Never let her pick a film again.

They glossed over the important part. ie MA being imprisoned and chopped.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Plan 9 From Outer Space is usually voted the worst ever film but I quite like it myself, it's certainly better than Avatar........
I agree, it is so awful it's brilliant. I love the famous line: "He's been murdered, somebody must be responsible".

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
Motherhood starring Uma Thurman made £88 on opening night

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Check out Frank Miller's take on classic comic book 'The Spirit'. Tried to be 'Sin City'. Wasn't. I was actually angry when I left the cinema; it was that bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here