Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Film Ever

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Disney's Fantasia..... as a kid I was raised on great Disney stuff like Jungle Book etc and when my mum dragged me off as about an 8 year old to see this I was full of hope and expectation.... well there is no story as such and Mickey Mouse had only a tiny guest spot and for the rest its just a dancing mushroom confusion. Crap

ha ha ha - this happened to me as well. We never went to the cinema so it was a big deal - and it was Disney so it would be a fantastic story ................. absolute tosh.

If I saw it now I would probably appreciate it.

And we went to see it at the Continentale (I think it had an e on the end) in Kemp Town .................

But worst film was Bonfire of the Vanities. In its day a great book. Tom f***ing Hanks ? Please.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
There seems to be alot of 'Fav' movie threads about....but whats the worse film you have ever seen???

for me its either Twilight or Limmeny Snicket ( Jim Carrey )

walkout out of cinema in both

I'd have to go with Twilight as well. The storyline is shocking and Kristen Stewarts acting is even worse. Wanted to turn it off after 10 minutes, but my mate wouldn't let me.

I never knew that. So if you don't like the film and less than 50% has elapsed, you can go back to the ticket booth and say "Sorry, don't like it, can I have a refund please?"

They then have to refund you? Is this true of all cinemas?

Cheers

I would think the rule should apply across the board regarding most forms of entertainment.
I'm not sure about concerts, if a group is total shite! There's probably some presiding law there too.
This was in the US, but Britain has consumer rights of course.

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
1. Dead Man Running with Danny Dyer/Tamer Hassan/50 Cent
2. Knowing with Nicholas Cage
3. The Beach with Leonardo Di Caprio
4. Brighton Rock (modern version)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Another vote for Nightmare Before Christmas. My, oh my, what utter intolerable crap it was. I can appreciate the fact it was the first feature length stop-motion animation, but that is no excuse for having a dire plot and the most mind-numbing, insanity-inducing music the world will ever hear.

Flatliners comes a close second as just genuinely pointless.

The Knowing was pretty good until the last 15 minutes. If you ever encounter a film with a worse ending, please let me know so we can hunt down the director.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In recent memory,Avatar was f***ing awful, it actually saddens me that this is the highest grossing film ever.
Indiana Jones and The kingdom of the blah blah was terrible, made even worse as you watched and saw Lucas and Spielberg ruining one of my favourite childhood memories in front of your very eyes.
I genuinely hated Inception, thought it was gash.
But far and away the worst filmI have seen recently and sat through on the telly was The Happening. Truly, truly f***ing awful.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
1. SATC2
2. Invention of Lying (Only film I have ever walked out of. Made it to half way. Gervais and Garner waking up in a hospital waiting room together and saying a sickly sappy "Hi" to each other was as much as I could take.)
3. Magnolia
4. Avatar
5. Transformers 3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here