Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst display by an Albion team for a long time.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
West Ham were there for the taking. They really were not very good.

But apart from a few brief periods of the game, we were just awful.

Our passing was absolutely pathetic. Never seen so many stray balls. Most of the team seemed to have forgotten that we were the guys playing in blue and white stripes. Even Reyes got into the act.

Bridcutt! Less said the better. Once he's gifted them their goal his performance went rapidly downhill. Worst display by far from him. Painful, as he is such a key part of the team. IMHO Gus should have substituted him at half time.

CMS cannot play the loan striker role. He is useless at challenging for high balls. Why the hell don't we play two up front, at least at home? What is the point of playing Barnes or Hoskins (who are both strikers)on the wing?

No passion or commitment from most of the players for most of the game.

Controversial, I know, but I am fast losing faith in Gus. We are playing the wrong kind of game for this league. Our tippy tappy football gets us absolutely nowhere .... and very slowly at that. We must speed up our game and mix up our style of play so that we stop being so damn predictable. And as far as I am concerned he must take much of the blame for letting Murray go. With him still in the team we would be in the top four.

And from a personal point of view I am feeling less and less connected to the team. Apart from Noone, where are the "characters"? Maybe sitting up in the gods in WSU keeps you too far away from the action, but I really miss players like Charlie, Chippy, FDM, OGH and others who may not have been the most talented players to ever grace an Albion shirt, but at least you knew they were giving 100% all of the time.

Unusually for me, I am feeling very depressed about our chances for the season. Without a massive improvement in a number of areas we will surely struggle.

Mega moan now over.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
it was a better performance than against millwall so either you dont go to many games , are blind, 4 and 3/4 years of age or just generally pretty clueless. i dont mean to be rude but all these people shitting themselves need to get a grip about where we are and how were doing

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Our passing was absolutely pathetic. Never seen so many stray balls. Most of the team seemed to have forgotten that we were the guys playing in blue and white stripes. Even Reyes got into the act.

Bridcutt! Less said the better. Once he's gifted them their goal his performance went rapidly downhill. Worst display by far from him. Painful, as he is such a key part of the team. IMHO Gus should have substituted him at half time.

CMS cannot play the loan striker role. He is useless at challenging for high balls. Why the hell don't we play two up front, at least at home? What is the point of playing Barnes or Hoskins (who are both strikers)on the wing?

Controversial, I know, but I am fast losing faith in Gus. We are playing the wrong kind of game for this league. Our tippy tappy football gets us absolutely nowhere .... and very slowly at that. We must speed up our game and mix up our style of play so that we stop being so damn predictable. And as far as I am concerned he must take much of the blame for letting Murray go. With him still in the team we would be in the top four.

And from a personal point of view I am feeling less and less connected to the team. Apart from Noone, where are the "characters"? Maybe sitting up in the gods in WSU keeps you too far away from the action, but I really miss players like Charlie, Chippy, FDM, OGH and others who may not have been the most talented players to ever grace an Albion shirt, but at least you knew they were giving 100% all of the time.

Unusually for me, I am feeling very depressed about our chances for the season. Without a massive improvement in a number of areas we will surely struggle.

Mega moan now over.

Completely Disagree, our passing and movement last night was great until the final 18 yards, we played West Ham off the pitch with our possesion but we do need a big Centre forward who can hold the ball up and support CMS, West Ham are a quality team even with so many first choice players out. Thought Harper had a good game in spite of his poor positioning for their goal but to be fair to him he obviously was not expecting Bridcutt to give the ball away to Nolan in such a dangerous popsition, Reyes looks class on the ball but is a little slow on pace & think he gave a great performance. Overall West Ham worked out that they could sit back allow us to play and hope for a mistake which is what happened. I do agree that we are a little slow with our passing but that can be worked on. I would much rather see us playing attractive passing football rather than just "Lumping" the ball up field, and feel that Gus has got the fundamentals absolutely right, but he just needs a few tweeks with the speed of our play. We should finish the season in a respectacle mid table position and hopefully with money available from TB we can strenghthen for next season. Watched the match back on Sky when I got home and their were for me many positives to take from the Game. Gus being interviewed after the game was very very upbeat- stay with him and KEEP THE FAITH!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Some people seriously need a reality check. Why are so many people on this board Bi-polar about the Albion? Are they like this in life generally? It's odd.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Mega moan now over.

Are you steve claridge in disguise?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Couldn't agree less. Actually thought that was the best 90 minutes we've seen from the Albion this season.

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven

Your obviously very think or know fuckall about football! People like you make me sick, when things are not going so well we need to stick together! Fickle can fuckoff. I'm sticking with the team, thought we showed signs of being very close to being a very good team.

Mega moan now over.
Your obviously either very think or know fuckall about football! People like you make me sick, when things are not going so well we need to stick together! Fickle can fuckoff. I'm sticking with the team, thought we showed signs of being very close to being a very good team.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In a democracy, everyone has the right to post utter bollocks if they so wish.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

Mega moan now over.

Spot on

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I agree, Steve claridge was correct.

We either do not have the players that are good enough, or the style employed by Poyet isn't effective enough,

Swansea we aren't, and for a 'passing' team we are really not very good at passing at all. So many stray balls, all. the. time.

Why is CMS being played up front on his own all the time? If we wanted someone who could do that we should have held on to Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here