Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst away attendances at an Albion match

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I recall in the very early 90s we didn't take many to northern away games. I recall being at Mansfield with say 20-30 other Albion bods. There were others but the memory is a bit poor. I think Andy Kennedy played in goal at Mansfield as well.

I was there for a Mansfield game, Dec 1992, we won 3-1 Beeney was sent off if I recall, there werent many there, the supporters coach only took about 10 people.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I love the way people memories play them up. I did not miss an away game from 1987 - 1997 so have covered a lot of the games mentioned here but some of the numbers suggested are a little bit on the low side. We used to have a good hard core of supporters who would not miss a game no matter where we played, not as many as now of course but never as low as 20 or 30.

Not picking holes or wanting an arguement but so did I and our away support mainly as said here at northern games was poor for midweek games especially. and yes as low as 20 and 30 easy. It was a long time ago and people can get things wrong, but wigan away was defo 20-30 fans and I have seen similair at other midweek northern grounds. Thats no slight on our fans, it was a sign of the times in the mid 80s early 90s when the rot was setting in at the club and country.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Not picking holes or wanting an arguement but so did I and our away support mainly as said here at northern games was poor for midweek games especially. and yes as low as 20 and 30 easy. It was a long time ago and people can get things wrong, but wigan away was defo 20-30 fans and I have seen similair at other midweek northern grounds. Thats no slight on our fans, it was a sign of the times in the mid 80s early 90s when the rot was setting in at the club and country.

We possibly know each other then as like you say are away following was not the greatest in the world but those that went went every game. Still disagree about the 20/30 thing but not going to argue lets agree to disagree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here