Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Albion XI at the Withdean

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I would never habe Lewis or McCammon in there.

Hawkins, Cameron and Holyroyd would have to be

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Yedell - thats a blast from the plast. Didn't we have an ex-Arsenal keeper at the same time, who was rubbish for us, but went on the be in the Sweden squad for the 2006 world cup?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
McCammon was ok the times I saw him away from home - especially that fantastic away game at Bramall Lane. He was never quite as good at Withdean though.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Bizarre choice. You'll be suggesting Thierry Racon next.

Yeldell

Bangura was good for a couple of games but abysmal the rest of the time - hence being dropped and not featuring at all towards the end of the season. At least, I think he was dropped rather than injured. Either way, he was pretty shit, although probably not quite shit enough to feature on this list.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yedell - thats a blast from the plast. Didn't we have an ex-Arsenal keeper at the same time, who was rubbish for us, but went on the be in the Sweden squad for the 2006 world cup?

Rami Shaaban

Not rubbish.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
McCammon was playing for a side with absolutely no creativity whatsoever. He did have some decent games. He also scored one less goal than Leon Knight in the season of 2004/5 having played almost half the amount of games.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yelldell had an absolute stormer of a game against Leeds.

I notice you are from Turkey, how many games have you seen during the Withdean era?

Whoops! I forgot about the 'If you havent been at the games you have no right to an opinion' brigade. Theyve obviously been too quiet recently. In my experience of seeing most home games between 1977 and 1982 there are lot so things you miss at games if you are in the crowd because of peopel standing up, people talking or the fact that there are twenty two players on a pitch, not just two... just have a look at the rows we have on here over whether such and such was a penalty or not. You probably have more right to an opinion if you have seen the highlights over and over again as well as listen to the game. I saw Yelldell once in the flesh before I moved to Turkey in 2006 and every game that I didnt go to I heard on the radio and occasionally saw highlights of until Player produced highlights. I had forgotten Leeds which I now am pretty sure I saw on video (might be wrong now). I cant remember the game I saw but am pretty sure it was his last and he was dire. It wasnt Leeds.

p.s. The ball didnt cross the line last week.... it hit the bar... I SAW IT! xxxx

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4042412 said:
Really?

That reminds me - that French keeper we had was dire. Florent Chaignau? Summink like that.

Wasn't he the keeper who had to change into pink at half time cos of kit clash up at Leeds or somewhere???
Another one to add is Stuart Fleetwood

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Wasn't he the keeper who had to change into pink at half time cos of kit clash up at Leeds or somewhere???
Another one to add is Stuart Fleetwood

Yelldell... but dont tell anyone as I wasnt there ;)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Holyroyd would have to be

Bit harsh on Holroyd, deservedly man of the match in his first game, and played as well as he could in a team that couldn't be less built round his style of play if it tried.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Bit harsh on Holroyd, deservedly man of the match in his first game, and played as well as he could in a team that couldn't be less built round his style of play if it tried.

I didn't see his debut, but I struggle to see what style of play would suit him. He's slow, weak, with no first touch and little effort

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think McCammon was anywhere near the worst player we've seen. Considering McGhee's pursuit of him he turned out to be pretty shit, but he did have a few decent games for us and I seem to remember him scoring a lot more for us than any of the other strikers that have been mentioned. Didn't he score 2 against Sunderland?

Amen to that. ln fact, if it wasnt for the fact that l knew l would be laughed off NSC, I came close to including the Beast (as Mark McGhee called him), in the BEST eleven at Withers. I know he wasnt the greatest goal scorer, and l know we didnt see the best of him, but he is a huge battering ram of a striker who could hold the ball up so well. The perfect foil for Bobby Zee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here