• Jamie Moralee

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • Mark Walton

Votes: 9 7.9%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The question that was originally asked was "least favourite Albion player" not "worst": I think there's a subtle difference.

I voted for Teddy Maybank as least favourite, not so much for his playing ability, but because he heralded the end of Spider as a Brighton player and because he kept better strikers out. It's true that he wasn't a great player but then Brighton have had plenty of people who weren't great players, why single him out.

Seems very harsh on Farrington who was always injured, but did score 3 goals in his 11 games, not too shabby. Ferguson scored 6 goals in 17 games - a pretty reasonable strike rate.

If I had to name the worst players I've seen at the Albion, Ashley Neal and Richard Tiltman spring to mind but as, amazingly, neither is on the list, I voted for Maybank again. He's nowhere near the worst but he annoyed the hell out of me.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
where oh where oh where is David Cameron. Even the 'Withdean Generation' (nice turn of phrase that) can remember him. He was shockingly AWFUL.

Webb and Lee are crap but only intended to be back-up players

Les Briley, and Denny Mundee (jeez), and Micky Bennett were all 1st team picks who were useeelesssss

Vote Jason Peake :nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No way did Farrington score 3 in 11. It was more like 2 in 30. Stato man needs to check this out please.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Mickey Thomas. Being a crap player is bad enough but to be a coniving little crooked Weslsh shit is a very different matter.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have checked the stats and Farrington scored 2 in 8 league games in 92/93 and 1 in 6 in 93/94 making 3 in 14 league starts. He must have had umpteen games when he came on as sub.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Come on then everyone coming back from Blackpool, get your votes in.

Sorry for the slight chance. I didnt do it on purpose and this should be least favourite not worst. Sorry.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Paul kitson, but the annoying thing was that he is a good player but just didn't hit it off here, hope he play's tomorrow

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Voted Kitson meant to vote Webb. Kitson was good, he was just a ****.

WHY THE f*** ISN'T GLEN THOMAS ON THE LIST?

One of Farringtons goals was a rebound off his arse. He just happened to be in the way at the time and got lucky! :) Worst player? The list could be endless. Ashley Neal, Richard Tiltman, Michael Mahoney Johnson, Damien Hilton. Just a few of many....

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
FARRINGTON!
Glad to see him at the top of the list. Absolutely no contest. The others were bad, or most were at any rate, but MF was in a league of his own in the disappointment stakes.
For younger NSC ers: it was the Lloyd era. Barry Lloyd was an unbelievably bad communicator (and then some, Harty and I were at the fans' meetings, more to tell, maybe one day, not going to get any more libel problems for NSC!) who had nevertheless gained some credibility for signing underachieving English players based at mainland European clubs for not a lot and getting the best out of them (ie John Byrne and Mike Small, from Le Havre and PAOK Salonika respectively, who nearly took us into what is now the Premiership via the playoffs despte a negative goal difference in 91) So when he signed Farrington for £100, 000 from Feyenoord, with the rumour circulating that MF had recently scored 4 goals in one match against local rivals Ajax, we were buzzing. I remember standing in the North Stand brimming with anticipation and chanting his name as the presumed new hero took the field.............
We soon realised just how crap he was. Not just a donkey. A donkeys' donkey.
Unbelievably, spectacularly asinine. After a few games someone from Germany told me he had played very, very few games for Feyenoord (how he managed one I don't know) and had been ON THE BENCH for Hertha Berlin in the season that they broke the record for the lowest points ever in the Bundesliga.
Ee-aw.
He soon got the push...
Sequel: he moved from us to Runcorn , who at that time were in the Conference. A couple of years ago I was doing a gig in Widnes and the PA bloke and I got talking about football. He said he was a Runcorn fan, bemoaned their fall from the heady heights of the Conference to wherever they are now. So I asked him:
'Do you remember a guy you signed from us? Mid nineties? Mark F.........'
Before I had got the name finished his head was in his hands and he was sobbing, softly.
About 5 years ago Mark Farrington's wife phoned me up, requesting a copy of 'Goldstone Ghosts' because he is mentioned in it. I told her the mention was not entirely complimentary. She didn't mind.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gareth Glover said:
I have checked the stats and Farrington scored 2 in 8 league games in 92/93 and 1 in 6 in 93/94 making 3 in 14 league starts. He must have had umpteen games when he came on as sub.

According to the Carder/Harris book (which is pretty definitive), Farrington scored 3 in 11 league starts - he had 11 appearances as sub.

I don't think Farrington was a good player but our memories of him are masked by the fact that he was being compared to Small and Byrne, our other strikers at the time. He struggled in a side that was at the top of the (old) 2nd division and looked out of his depth.

However, Ashley Neal looked out of his depth in a side that was at the bottom of the league. And thanks for reminding me about Michael Mahoney-Johnston, Attila, I'd forgotten that waste of space.

The worst player has surely got to be drawn from that era, some of the players in this poll would have looked reasonably good in that side.

Buckingham

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton
I think it has to be Mahoney-Johnson and Hilton up front in any worst Albion side. Michael Bennett was never very good either and surely Glen Thomas should make the list. (Notice how the four players I mentioned there all played in the Gillingham days? - coincidence?)

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's got to be Kitson for the fact that he clearly couldn't be bothered to play for us and was getting paid loads.
Peake was shit and cost loads but at least you thought he might be trying.

Having Walton on the list is a bit harsh given how much he played for us - again probably just a shit player who was trying his best,

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
okay, which CLOWNS voted for Andy Ansah?!

If you HONESTLY think he is our WORST EVER player I can oonly assume that you:

1. have only watched one game ever.
2. have an amazingly bad memory.
3. are dillusional.
4. have astonishingly bad judgement.
5. dislike him for a personal reason (e.g. he shagged your wife or something)

I really can't understand it any other way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
OK, I realise the poll is subjective and based on some fairly recent memories, but any poll on the worst Albion player ever HAS to include the following options (and I believe most people on here would agree/appreciate the chance to vote for them):

Richard Tiltman
Damian Hilton
Glenn Thomas (he didn't play much but he was just genuinely, staggeringly incompetent)
Dale Jasper
Ashley Neal

I was stunned that Tiltman didn't make that list, he's probably the most infamous Albion "striker" EVER, challenged only in notoriety by Farrington.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gwylan said:
The question that was originally asked was "least favourite Albion player" not "worst": I think there's a subtle difference.
Indeed. I voted for Micky Thomas on the last poll who was actually a very talented player, but sadly also a slimy little tosser who totally used the club.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Gwylan said:
The question that was originally asked was "least favourite Albion player" not "worst": I think there's a subtle difference./B]

In terms of what he did for the club and what he cost (and what we lost on his resale a mere five months later - £200,000) Mickey Thomas was the worst player at this club. I believe he scored but one goal on the view occasions he bothered to turn up and that was against a non league club in the FA Cup.

I quite liked Andy Ansah. He put in a lot of effort, which is more than can be said for that Plank Daniel Webb!

Fazza was legendary for his crapness and I recall seeing his attempts fro the North Stand. I remember Brady bringing him in because of injuries and he actually scored.

Ther has been a lot of crap in the stripes over the years (particularly the Gillingham Exile years), but Mr Jamie 'I was touted as the next John Branes - Primadonna Twat' Moralee takes it for me. Scored away at Plymouth, much to my horror as I had been slating him all game. Never seen a more lazy, arrogant, talentless prick play for us. I only pity poor Bary Town.

Vote - Moralee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here