• Last night

Votes: 52 58.4%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For me it was, at Selhurst in 2002 we had not won for ten games and had a team that cost a tenner between them.

Last night we had the benefit of a decent budget, an excellent playing surface, 20,000 fans (in theory), a good start to the season....... but were toilet.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Yes, given the expectation and anticipation, aside from the off field stuff over the years, the worst night football wise Ive had in my time supporting the club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We need an option for about the same. No defeat by Palace is any better than another.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yes, I was there this time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last night was much worse for me. We had virtually no chance of winning under Coppell, all the signs were that we could have won comfortably last night so even more gutting that we got outplayed and that Murray scored as I was pretty sad we didn't keep him in the 1st place.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
last night was worse. We are a far better team than we were then and we simply failed to turn up. Everything from the manner of the performance, the empty stadium at the end and the news of muppets reliving the 70's and 80's made it an altogether far more depressing experience.

We can be so much better than the performance last night, to me it looked like we just bottled it on the pitch. Unacceptable in my view.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
5-0 we were a poor team - last night we had a good team who seemed not to give a shit which is a lot worse

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For me it was, at Selhurst in 2002 we had not won for ten games and had a team that cost a tenner between them.

Last night we had the benefit of a decent budget, an excellent playing surface, 20,000 fans (in theory), a good start to the season....... but were toilet.
Certainly the same. As you say in 2002 we KNEW we weren't very good, simply getting into the Championship had been an achievement given the fact we were playing at Withdean and were also fighting the planning battle. The best we were hoping for was that we'd be competitive and maybe we could sneak a win against the run of play. Ok, in fact we got battered but the defeat itself wasn't a total surprise.

Long before last night there'd been talk of a seismic change in the Brighton/Palace relationship, how we were going to be the big team, how our crowds and our stadium were going to eclipse theirs. Last night was simply meant to be the rubber-stamping of this change and we were going to win easily. Instead it confirmed that they're still the top dogs (as they have been for the last 30 years) and the revolution has been postponed.

Football, gotta love it haven't you? :lolol:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Yep, last night. Especially after scoring so early.
How could those Pikeys come to The Amex and be the first team in the league to beat us.
Seeing the Judas score was the icing on the cake as well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
After 36 years of experiencing games between the clubs last night was the worst performance ever. We were , frankly, embarrassing in the second half, they were up for it, wanted the win more, we bottled it and rolled over without a fight. Disgraceful.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I think worse that than the result last night, and worse than the fact it was by Palace, is the realisation that the honeymoon period at the Amex is now over.

Leeds should have been the wake up call - the tactics were completely wrong.

Last night we were exposed as lacking in most areas.

We have League 1 players who arent up to it - Dicker, Painter, Sparrow.

We have expensive £1 Million+ players who cant even get near the first team for various reasons - Hoskins, Buckley.

We have a midfielder who cant be arsed - Harley.

We have KLL, who chases the ball like a kitten chases a ping pong ball.

The only player who caused any real damage last night gets subbed - Noone

Seeing Murray last night bought home what he had brought to to the team previously - what a massive mistake to let him go, and so cheaply.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We have expensive £1 Million+ players who cant even get near the first team for various reasons - Hoskins, Buckley.

One injured and one coming back from injury

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Time appears to be a great healer for some. That 5-0 was the most shambolic performance I think I have ever seen. Last night was a bitter disappointment because we could have easily beaten them, but saw it unfolding horrifically over 70 minutes, but it wasn't a patch on 26/10/02.

To recall, I know we had lost 10 games on the spin, but Coppell had joined 1 game beforehand, we hadn't played Palace for years and took 6,000 up there. The whole day was a nightmare. Even Zamora was f***ing gash.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Anyone saying last night, get your heads tested. Fresh wounds and all that. The 5-0 game I have never felt so low after any football game before and since.

It was bad, very bad; but as on overall experience not as painful as the 5-0. I base that not only on the score line, but back at Selhurst I expereinced the worst treatment I've ever had as an away fan (so much so I've no intention of going back), a combination of stewarding & Met Police aggression that was simply dangerous.

We were squezzed out of the staduim in to a road blocked off at both ends without the physical capacity to handle the numbers. The Police were hittng people with batons for pushing, when they themselves were being crushed as forced in that direction. I was charged by a mounted police, despite being nowhere near any trouble; had to put my younger brother behind me to protect him and hope I wasn't trampled.

Last night was awful, some of both sets of fans behaved like animals but it simply doesn't compare to a genuinely scary experience in Croydon.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Last night was much worse for me. We had virtually no chance of winning under Coppell, all the signs were that we could have won comfortably last night so even more gutting that we got outplayed and that Murray scored as I was pretty sad we didn't keep him in the 1st place.

100% agree with this.

With the 5-0, it was more a leap of faith that we may get something out of it beforehand. But given that we were clear favourites to win last night, we had a first eleven more than capable of winning and winning well but just didn't turn up for the last 60-70 minutes and simply just the way everything unfolded with the near-inevitable late collapse and the even more inevitable Murray goal, last night hurt a lot more for me.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
we had a first eleven more than capable of winning and winning well but just didn't turn up for the last 60-70 minutes.

I could understand that if we had won with a smash and grab but it wasn't. After the first 20 minutes we were a class above you in terms of possession, the chances that we created, the lack of chances our defence gave you and heart and desire. Maybe you're not as good as you think you are and last night was a harsh reality check.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here