Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

world cup stitch up

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
interesting comments from the chief exec of the bid
'When people look you in the eye & promise you something you hope they live up to their word but that clearly hasn't happened'. Hmmm

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Itv 4 can f*** right off.

What a day to show From Russia with love. :tantrum:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Time to resign from FIFA? We as a nation are never (going to be) popular and have been subject to certain strange decisions on the field in past tournaments (as have Italy and Spain). VERY questionable decisions. We have nothing to lose so might as well take the moral high ground, kick up a shit storm and bust their crippled, shrivelling balls at every opportunity. Their cancerous hold on the game has decayed this great sport long enough!
A fine idea in itself, but this would require an FA with huge cajones and strong moral principles rather than the bunch of bumbling buffet munching blazers that we have, and the other people in charge of the game in this country are the greedy ***** of the Premier League.
I'm starting to think FCUM have the right idea.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
interesting comments from the chief exec of the bid
'When people look you in the eye & promise you something you hope they live up to their word but that clearly hasn't happened'. Hmmm

Interesting interview on 5Live with Graham Taylor just now, he said it was no surprise to him what happened as for years FIFA has been run by people who dislike the English FA and say one thing and do another. He suggested that maybe we should give full vent to the Jurno's and let them expose them for what they are.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Contraversy alert:

Some people on here thought it was hilarious when Blatter, Platini, FIFA and UEFA f***ed the Republic of Ireland over and took the piss out of us in public about a year ago, and I notice some of the same people are now feeling a little annoyed themselves at the corruption and back-scratching of these people. Not gloating as I wanted England to host the world cup as much as anyone, but "FIFA are a self-interested corrupt bunch of wankers who aren't interested in what really benefits the game" is not exactly a shocker.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
A fine idea in itself, but this would require an FA with huge cajones and strong moral principles rather than the bunch of bumbling buffet munching blazers that we have, and the other people in charge of the game in this country are the greedy ***** of the Premier League.
I'm starting to think FCUM have the right idea.

Yup, that is the crux of the matter, the FA are hopeless on an astonishing level.

Their handling of the Wembley project, allocation of tickets to major finals, EVERYTHING to do with the England team and especially with regard to the appointment of managers, their administration of the domestic game (regards rules, fines, organisation etc etc etc) and so much more besides means I have NO CONFIDENCE WHATSOEVER in those bumbling, buffoons.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Contraversy alert:

Some people on here thought it was hilarious when Blatter, Platini, FIFA and UEFA f***ed the Republic of Ireland over and took the piss out of us in public about a year ago, and I notice some of the same people are now feeling a little annoyed themselves at the corruption and back-scratching of these people. Not gloating as I wanted England to host the world cup as much as anyone, but "FIFA are a self-interested corrupt bunch of wankers who aren't interested in what really benefits the game" is not exactly a shocker.
Do you mean over the hand ball? ???
I hardly think that's the same if so, their response (do nothing?) was not ideal but at the same time it was a hard probelm to deal with, and if it had been the other way around I'd expect the same outcome.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Do you mean over the hand ball? ???
I hardly think that's the same if so, their response (do nothing?) was not ideal but at the same time it was a hard probelm to deal with, and if it had been the other way around I'd expect the same outcome.

I was thinking more about the last-minute decision to seed the playoffs so that France, Portugal and Russia got through (I know Russia didn't in the end), and the fact that Blatter went on to take the piss out of the FAI (and by proxy the country as a whole) in front of a media gathering. f*** all professionalism and no interest in the integrity of the sport.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was thinking more about the last-minute decision to seed the playoffs so that France, Portugal and Russia got through (I know Russia didn't in the end), and the fact that Blatter went on to take the piss out of the FAI (and by proxy the country as a whole) in front of a media gathering. f*** all professionalism and no interest in the integrity of the sport.
Ah, yes. That was a horrible decision too. Anyone who laughed at that has no right to be aggrieved now.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Ah, yes. That was a horrible decision too. Anyone who laughed at that has no right to be aggrieved now.

Not what I said, my point was simply that we know what FIFA are like, and there was never any question that Russian & Qatari money would completely and utterly outweigh what should count - we found it out the hard way last year.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Now unleash the dogs of press.

Let our journos really go to town, on these fat cats, and see what they can properly uncover.

Most precise post yet, c'mon BBC, now do your stuff. We've no chance of ever getting the world cup ever. So start from the top with that cheating, lying b*^tard Blatter. There seems to be plenty of smoke coming from this fire.....FIFA = DISGRACE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here