Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

world cup stitch up

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As usual FIFA balls it up, I wonder how they'll deal with the rampant racism there ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
England will probably be the equivalent of Scotland in World Football by 2018 if our demise continues at the current rate so I doubt we'll even be qualifying. Crumb of comfort there :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I wonder if it too late to apply for a job at FIFA? I fancy lining my pocket I do!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Looking on the bright side, at least Milton Keynes will have a half finished stadium for the forseeable future, and Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday no longer have to worry about finding the money to rebuild theirs!

:thumbsup:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
No surprise. My views on the odious pile of shit that is FIFA are well known and long standing.

Septic Bladder, Jack Warner and the rest of the fat pigs represent everything that is wrong in the game...botched ticketing, dodgy ticketing, corruption on a massive scale, rigged leadership elections, rigged bidding (based on MORE corruption), are all things some people MIGHT suggest FIFA are guilty of...of course I couldn't possibly comment!

Their reluctance to embrace any positive changes in technology but over-eagerness to impose idiotic new rule changes on the game, virtual ignorance of racist issues (Spain's 'fine' for monkey chants, Russia's unaffected bid for WC after various instances of abuse for eg), dismissive back-covering reaction to resounding accusations of corruption etc ARE things I will comment on.

They do little right and are an embarrassment. And Bladder looks such a dithering, doddery old fool when he's courting the limelight.

I don't say this out of bitterness, as the result was decided before the campaigns started in my view, so there was little surprise. I'm not even disappointed that they failed to show signs of change in their collective mentality (people in power soon set to rotting and they don't tend to 'un-rot' with time).

I'm simply depressed.

Time to resign from FIFA? We as a nation are never (going to be) popular and have been subject to certain strange decisions on the field in past tournaments (as have Italy and Spain). VERY questionable decisions. We have nothing to lose so might as well take the moral high ground, kick up a shit storm and bust their crippled, shrivelling balls at every opportunity. Their cancerous hold on the game has decayed this great sport long enough!

Last edited:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
So that's a country with massive problems of crime, corruption, racism and hooliganism (including special marks for xenophobic-thuggery); and a nation who have no football heritage whatsoever hosting the next two events.

Cool.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing

Qatar have said that they will dismantle all of the stadiums after the world cup and rebuild them in developing countries around the world. Sone say it may be a noble gesture. I say this is "buying the world cup"!! A complete travesty from an overgrown village with more money than sense and that has never qualified for the world cup! well done FIFA.

Other than the small issues of corruption at the highest level in Russian politics, and the national sport of "Keep Racism in!", I think the Russians are worthy winners!!?

Time to get to work jour no's!!

Sep 1, 2010
I would love someone to launch a major under cover investigation to bring Fifa down. They are as Cpt Haddock says just an odious pile of shit. Even the Qatar bid is a joke, the players will be in severe risk in that heat.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
What I don't understand is that if FIFA want to 'spread the world of football' to these places, why did they choose Spain & Portugal, Holland & Belgium and England from the original 18 to bid for it? Why not just select the countries you want to take it to in the first place? This stinks of (oil) money talking.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Time to resign from FIFA? We as a nation are never (going to be) popular and have been subject to certain strange decisions on the field in past tournaments (as have Italy and Spain). VERY questionable decisions. We have nothing to lose so might as well take the moral high ground, kick up a shit storm and bust their crippled, shrivelling balls at every opportunity. Their cancerous hold on the game has decayed this great sport long enough!

This. Surely there will be attempts by some European club chairmen to set up some sort of rival to Fifa? If not why not? It happens in other sports eg boxing, darts, sure there's loads of others.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Had we won we would have dealt with the corrupt bastards in FIFA better than the others. We have lost - so we dealt with them less well. The corruption is still there.
Well we don't exactly know how corrupt it is. The fact that Qatar has won suggests that it is more corrupt than we feared.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
One of most corrupt organisations in the world decide based purely on rationale? Hmm

England not popular but have had what is widely described by insiders as THE strongest bid yet finish LAST in the voting.

Two oil (filthy) rich nations (one with corruption universally known to be rife all the way to the top) win the bids.....and press of both nations knew they'd won before any other nation's press (who only knew leaked bad news of failure).

Sure, you could be right.

(Sorry, meant to have quoted Arthritic Toe's post.)

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
just mentioned on talksport that we recieved 2 votes and 1 of them was our own!

And a country (Qatar) smaller than Wales being awrdered a world cup is just crazy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here