Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

world cup stitch up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now unleash the dogs of press.

Let our journos really go to town, on these fat cats, and see what they can properly uncover.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
That is pretty well the end of my love affair with international football. Blatter is a total C**T and Fifa is a disgusting sleazy corrupt organisation - I really hope that FiFA gets its comeuppance soon and that the Russian world cup is an utter disaster.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Let our journos really go to town, on these fat cats, and see what they can properly uncover.

Hope so, bring down Blatter and his cronies. Unleash the power of the media

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what a shame

Well, precisely. FIFA is a corrupt (and by that, I really mean a morally corrupt) organisation. That's why I didn't want them or their World Cup, with all of its objectionable demands, anywhere near our nation. I can't really see there being any change, unless there is a massive push against them. Let's go for it. Crucially, we need an IOC investigation into the whole of FIFA - and the suspension of football from Olympic participation until they have cleaned up their act.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Russia and Qatar

:ohmy:

Two of the unlikeliest ever World Cup venues, you can hardly call Russia Europe so the continent will go 20 years without hosting a World Cup tournament.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we were always going to lose out and once the beeb started its immaculately timed campaign against FIFA we were nailed on to come last.

no surprises. The Russian mafia will make FIFA delegates rich and if they don't have enough to retire they will get an additional bung from the emirates

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
f***ing *****. This is a complete disgrace. I could cope with losing to Spain and Portugal, but Russia?

Absolute joke. We clearly have the best technical and commercial bid without doubt. So the only way we can get the world cup again is to knock down our stadiums and say we will build some more. I am so cross.

Think of the iconic world cups, they are always on proper footballing countries not places with no history like Qatar for fucks sake.

Sep 1, 2010
Really? what? Two major oil economies winning the world cup bids. Blimey. Maybe we should of realised we had lost when the Russians had already started building for 2018

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here