Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Eleven

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Absolute stitch up, no penalty, ever ..could it be some conspiracy to get the Saudi's through to the last 16 ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Having said all that, only a matter of time before Argentina score, surely?

They're all over Poland like a rash.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I’m a heartless soul. Having no sympathy for Kane and Zaha’s medical issues with balance.
Haha

Jokes aside that’s got to be the first penalty in football history given for someone getting poked in the eye.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
If the rules state: “Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick” then HOW can the ref (who I’ve never liked, his slicked hair and baby face nauseate me, looks a lot like Ian Walker of olden times now I come to think of it) give that decision? The ball has gone. The header was way off target. Urgh that’s annoyed me.

1669837669576.jpeg

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I'm watching with Spanish commentary and they were saying that the same thing happened in a game with Celta vs Mallorca and it was, by the letter of the law, a penalty. Ergo this was also, according to the letter of the law, a penalty.

Now my Spanish is miles better than my understanding of the rules of football so, can someone enlighten me... what law says that a goalkeeper attempting to intervene with an aerial ball, coming second best to an attacker constitutes a foul? What am I missing?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It’s really not, there are awful calls using VAR weekly

How many goals did they have ruled out in first game?
The ref didn’t have to agree with VAR. I bet outside of Argentina you would struggle to find two people that believed that was a penalty let alone two out of two officials.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm watching with Spanish commentary and they were saying that the same thing happened in a game with Celta vs Mallorca and it was, by the letter of the law, a penalty. Ergo this was also, according to the letter of the law, a penalty.

Now my Spanish is miles better than my understanding of the rules of football so, can someone enlighten me... what law says that a goalkeeper attempting to intervene with an aerial ball, coming second best to an attacker constitutes a foul? What am I missing?
Surely because the opportunity had been taken? Ergo there was no opportunity to deny?

I’m half-expecting to be proved wrong though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here