Votes: 9 16.7%
  • I don't Care

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
As I said on the other thread, if they were to bring back that trophy I would be so happy I couldn't care less how much they got paid.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Pay them £10 million each if they win it, and i dont think anyone would be complaining.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Thank goodness they have agreed a decent bonus scheme with the FA. What an debacle it would be if our heroes did their stuff and won us the World Cup, and for all of their effort, their only reward was the pride in their own achievements, hero status for life and the knowledge that they were World Cup Winners.

Of course these poor little, pampered multi-millionaires should be given yet more money.

:nono:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
FFS do you really believe the players have demanded this money? :censored:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They should play for pride. But I do think the FA Should pay their wages because if they get injured on international duty it is the clubs that suffer.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I still find it hard to belive that the FA pay people to play for their country.

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
in the grand scheme of things 300k is not much seeing though most of those players earn more than that in sponsership deals. nevermind the palyers i think the fans should be given a public holiday if we win it.

:albion:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
£300k each? On top of earning up to £100k A WEEK?????

Mercenary c:censored: :censored: :censored: s

:angry: :angry: :angry:

When you think that past footballers have had to SELL their medals etc in order to live!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
bhafc4eva said:
FFS do you really believe the players have demanded this money? :censored:
"Sol Campbell was part of the players’ committee who met at their Manchester hotel last night to discuss, among other things, World Cup bonuses. It normally amounts to a couple of hundred thousand pounds per man to reach the knockout stages, about £5 million in total. The players are understood to have negotiated a small increase. "

Source: Times Online, 10.11.05

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1865724,00.html

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
I agree. Fact is that the FA will make a wad load of money if we win the World Cup. Why shouldn't the players share in that money?
Nobody at the FA should make a personal financial gain from England winning the World Cup - any cash that comes their way from FIFA should be cascaded down the leagues and invested in grass-roots football.

Course thats probably not what would happen, so heaven forbid the PLAYERS not getting their snouts in the trough and missing out on a few hundred grands pocket change as well.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
I agree. Fact is that the FA will make a wad load of money if we win the World Cup. Why shouldn't the players share in that money?

THat would suggest that they are representing themselves. This money that the FA make, should be filtered through to all clubs and grass roots football.

They will make a hell of alot as it is from winning to world cup. Endorsements, books etc. public appearances. Why should the FA pay them that money on top of evberything else. It would be better spent going to communities untouched by football (in an ideal world)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here