Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Working over Christmas

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just turned up to work this afternoon to see a fresh new rota, hot off the press, eagerly expecting to see the glorious initials 'A/L' sprawled across the weekend of the 24th/25th.

Instead, this is how it reads:
23rd Dec 9.30pm - 8am
24th Dec 2pm - 10pm
25th Dec 2pm - 10pm
26th Dec 7.30am - 3.30pm

Barely enough time to get enough sleep between shifts. AND, to add insult to injury;

31st Dec 2pm - 10pm
1st Jan 2pm - 10pm

Anyone else been handed a more festive crock of shit this Christmas?
Are you old bill ?

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I work in wholesale for a refrigeration and air con company. we get from the 23rd right through too the 3rd off. But........ before you call me a WA*KE* I moonlight doing deliveries for a Chinese and they know how to work. So every week this year Mon,Tues and Sat night I have worked my self silly but the extra cash goes to the family holiday and next years is going to be great.

Saying this your Xmas hours suck and I feel for people in the care industry like my MRS she has to go in on Xmas day and Boxing day but then gets 4 days off in a row.

May I just show my gratitude for anyone working over the holidays well done but make sure you spend some time with friends/family at some point.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I start at 10pm Christmas Eve & finish at 6am Christmas Day, never really minded working Christmas though. Mind you, I've always been on early shifts so I could get home in time for dinner, presents & (importantly) drinking.

This'll be my eighth Christmas in the job & I've been lucky so far in that my shifts have never fallen on a late turn/night turn Christmas Day. Late shifts on Christmas Day equal lots of domestics, drunken fights and even the occasional murder :ohmy:

Also working NYE, New Year's Day & the bank holiday on the 2nd. Comes with the territory so no complaints from me.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Xmas day-7am-7pm
Boxing day-7am-7pm
27th Dec-7pm-7am
28th Dec-7pm-7am

But I do have new year off, so not to bad

I work exactly the same shift pattern (7-7, 2 days followed by 2 nights). I'm doing the same shifts, but over New Year with Xmas off (it's always one or the other)

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Last week I STORMED into (knocked and then sheepishly entered) my managers office and DEMANDED (politely requested) that I have Christmas off. He DECLINED, but I now have CHRISTMAS EVE and BOXING DAY off.

This post was sponsored by [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here