Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work at stadium with extra seats: photos?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Presumably the wheelchair spaces have to be on exactly the same level as the floor of the upper concourse, so that the route is level once they exit the lifts. There is therefore nowhere else they can go in the ESU and I cannot believe the moaning going on on here. How much time are you going to spend gazing at the ESU FFS?

10k are going to spend quite a lot of time gazing across in fact!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And I have also said this, that they could have factored in the disabled areas to match the aesthetics of the stadium. They clearly have not done this and they have probably reduced the size of the stadium by some 300 - 500 seats. I am very proud that we show so much effort towards disabled people, it is a credit to the club, but it could have been done a little better, in my humble opinion.

By doing what?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Surely a bit of blue cladding to the offending concrete frontages would blend everything in nicely and do the job wouldn't it?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
there is room for 32 disabled spaces accompanied by room for 32 helpers, essentially 64 spaces. i dont think there are 'bucket loads' but they must have had demand for it if they are going ahead with it.

That's just the east stand. There are around 200 around the stadium, I think.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
There is obviously going to be disabled viewing areas at either end of the upper east with small areas of seating behind and in front of, I just don't think the mock up picture portrays them exactly how they will look when completed, it does appear to make them look like portacabins which they obviously won't be....... I'm guessing the back of the platform areas will be the same as what is currently the top of the lower east....grey walls with windows in so when finished it will all blend in and look just fine!!!
We're going to end up with a just under 31,000 all seater stadium in a years time and everyone moans about a couple of disabled areas!!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is obviously going to be disabled viewing areas at either end of the upper east with small areas of seating behind and in front of, I just don't think the mock up picture portrays them exactly how they will look when completed, it does appear to make them look like portacabins which they obviously won't be....... I'm guessing the back of the platform areas will be the same as what is currently the top of the lower east....grey walls with windows in so when finished it will all blend in and look just fine!!!
We're going to end up with a just under 31,000 all seater stadium in a years time and everyone moans about a couple of disabled areas!!!!

I know I have described myself as a moaner and I probably am in the eyes of those that are happy with the build. But I do think it is a fair point that those that are unhappy with the second tier actually do say something instead of sitting in the background and allowing all those pro to it from saying how wonderful it is. I think everyone is allowed a point of view, and if that means we aren't pleased then surely we can say so?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Didn't realise we had bucket loads of disabled fans,hope the club have researched this as its a lot of effort for disabled fans who may not even fill it.

No, for years they have been tucked away out of sight out of mind. Like at most football grounds.

Another thing somewhat lost on a few on here is. There will be seats in there for helpers and any wheelchairs use will be obviously bringing their own.

Why the obsession with what the stand looks like empty ? With everyone in there - you will hardly notice.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That's just the east stand. There are around 200 around the stadium, I think.

that is what i meant, there are other disabled areas in all of the corners AND another new one on east stand level 1, which is just underneath the new disabled areas in the east stand (north and south sides)

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I know I have described myself as a moaner and I probably am in the eyes of those that are happy with the build. But I do think it is a fair point that those that are unhappy with the second tier actually do say something instead of sitting in the background and allowing all those pro to it from saying how wonderful it is. I think everyone is allowed a point of view, and if that means we aren't pleased then surely we can say so?

I totally agree this place would be pretty boring if we didn't have different opinions but I just think everyone is over reacting to a mock up picture that may give a false impression of how it's going to look when finished.....it will all come together over the next 8 weeks and I've got a feeling people may well change their mind when they see it finished. I say this because the official drawings that were in one of the programmes and posted on several sites a week or two ago looked pretty good and no-one moaned until this mock up appeared.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I totally agree this place would be pretty boring if we didn't have different opinions but I just think everyone is over reacting to a mock up picture that may give a false impression of how it's going to look when finished.....it will all come together over the next 8 weeks and I've got a feeling people may well change their mind when they see it finished. I say this because the official drawings that were in one of the programmes and posted on several sites a week or two ago looked pretty good and no-one moaned until this mock up appeared.

I don't think I am over reacting, I have constantly said I will take whatever I am given, I am just voicing an opinion that I think it looks pants by the mock up. For us doubters it may well turn out to be really nice and I seriously hope so. I only want the best for our club and therefore I am voicing my doubts. I will take whatever we are given in all honesty.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Having looked at the plans again and ignoring the mock up cock up I think it is going to be okay. Maybe the mock was done to generate all this discussion and if so, it has certainly done that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here