Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work at stadium with extra seats: photos?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Are you against raised platforms for the disabled in principle then ?

Odd isn't - not having them tucked away in the corner......

If it makes the stand look that shit and stops another 1000 seats being installed yes I am. That and the fact it could be a safety hazard if there's a fire. They gunna use the lift are they? Or a big ramp?...

You are being a dick mate. There will be the capacity that has always been quoted. The club are bound by discrimination laws to provide high level disabled seating. Personally as I have stated before, I like my South West corner seat, but there are disabled folk who would love higher level seats. As for the fire hazard as you put it, Shit, I'm sure the club must have forgotten that side of things, not.

D

Deleted member 18477

You are being a dick mate. There will be the capacity that has always been quoted. The club are bound by discrimination laws to provide high level disabled seating. Personally as I have stated before, I like my South West corner seat, but there are disabled folk who would love higher level seats. As for the fire hazard as you put it, Shit, I'm sure the club must have forgotten that side of things, not.

What a ridiculous reply. The tier looks shit from the mock up. And the Disabled area looks to be the reason why. They could have given the disabled people a brilliant area at the back of the ESU if planned properly. They would have got a great view, and the Tier wouldn't look like the most stupid tier built in the modern times!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What a ridiculous reply. The tier looks shit from the mock up. And the Disabled area looks to be the reason why. They could have given the disabled people a brilliant area at the back of the ESU if planned properly. They would have got a great view, and the Tier wouldn't look like the most stupid tier built in the modern times!

I should leave off now, you're making yourself look very foolish

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I was at Reading yesterday (1st time) and noticed 8(?) mid level disability areas. Credit where it is due, but I reckon it was not the most economic way of providing disabled viewing as it took away quite a few hundred seat places overall. Looked a bit excessive too. Our ESU provisions will look much better in comparison.

D

Deleted member 18477

You've said a number of things. In reply to: Are you against raised platforms for the disabled in principle then ?

You replied....

I fully understand most people don't understand these things unless they have experience them in the real world. This isn't about "diversity", it's about (where possible and within reason) disabled fans having a small percentage of the choice that us able bodied take for granted.

Being treated the same, so those with a huge chip on their shoulder don't have to worry about them being given "special" treatment. Bless...

F*ck me, the possibility of a few square yards of the east stand being available for a few fans in wheelchairs. And everyone is complaining about gaps in the seats.

Get over yourselves.

I have no idea whether these gaps are disabled platforms by the way, beyond what was promised. I just hope they are.

You are so incorrect it's unreal. I've never, NEVER said disabled people shouldn't have a place in the stadium, let alone a good view. IMO they should have a place at the back of the east stand. Good view and it would have been a much more sensible location.

Stop trying to twist my words. You're incredibly sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 18477

To be fair Clapham Gull although dig is literally digging himself a hole he can't really turn his argument around now, so some of you are in the process of humiliating him. I do agree with his sentiments that the East Stand Upper looks very poor and somewhat shoddy, and considering around 80 mill was spent on the ground alone, you'd think the architecture would have a little more aforethought. The disabled areas could have easily have been factored in, in a better way in order to make the aesthetics of the stadium more pleasing on the eye, assuming the official picture. There is also the obvious thought that more seats and more bums could be placed in the area that is being put aside. Personally I think it looks ridiculous and I am hoping it looks better in real life than it does in the official mock up. I'd be a little sad to see the amount of money spent on our stadium not looking quite right.

My argument has been the mock up looks shit, it looks like from a distance we have 2 portakabins on each end, the disabled area platforms make the tier look shit (as people have said that's what they are), and IMO they could have been given a great view Higher up from where they currently have views in more sensible locations around the stadium if planned properly. I've also said yes it may look better in the flesh and that I really hope it does. If that's digging a hole then I'll continue digging!

On the 2nd part of your post I couldn't agree more.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
My argument has been the mock up looks shit, it looks like from a distance we have 2 portakabins on each end, the disabled area platforms make the tier look shit (as people have said that's what they are), and IMO they could have been given a great view Higher up from where they currently have views in more sensible locations around the stadium if planned properly. I've also said yes it may look better in the flesh and that I really hope it does. If that's digging a hole then I'll continue digging!

The mock up is not very accurate compared to the seating plan, which has the east upper seats the full length of the pitch, in the mock up they appear to stop level with the penalty box.

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

So do you propose that when they get out of the lift, which I assume is on the same level as the "portacabins", that Tony Bloom forks out for two Stannah Stairlifts to get them up to your higher viewing platform:ffsparr:

D

Deleted member 18477

So do you propose that when they get out of the lift, which I assume is on the same level as the "portacabins", that Tony Bloom forks out for two Stannah Stairlifts to get them up to your higher viewing platform:ffsparr:

You could have an opinion of the tier yourself, instead of trying to victomise someone else's posts constantly.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Are you against raised platforms for the disabled in principle then ?

Odd isn't - not having them tucked away in the corner......

Not a ridiculous reply at all fella. I also do not a chip on my shoulder. I just believe that the club are doing their duty to all of the supporters. Or alternatively we could go with your idea of shove them up the back out of view. I am sure the photo looks worse than what the finished stand will look. I can't see us having such a nice stadium, just for the ESU to look daft and out of place.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
May as well chip in

My take on it , the pic is certainly a little dissapointing as expected the upper tier to have no gaps at all.

Saying that , I'm sure in the flesh it will look good and should make the ground look far better than it does now. The noise should be great as well

Not much to moan about really

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Okay, my opinion, it dosnt look brilliant, but to enable wheelchair users to watch from a higher position, it is the only option.
It may look to you like a portacabin, but that is where the rear wall is filled in. I am prepared to wait until it is full up, and i'm sure it will blend in fine.
I just think you are out of order moaning about our beautiful new ground, which will be the envy of 75% of the clubs in the country, blaming Tony Bloom for employing architects and accepting a stand that in your opinion looks shit.
Perhaps you prefared Withdean

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think the problem is there will always be comparisons made between the East and West stand and short of completely re-building the East it's always going to be inferior in size and overall quiality to our main stand and thats not something unique to the Amex.

I'm confident it will look fantastic, it might not be to everyones taste but I think we should be proud of a stadium that has four stands each with an individual charachter, something lacking from almost all similar sized new builds. No one will be able to label the Amex a boring or souless bowl when it's complete that for sure.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think the problem is there will always be comparisons made between the East and West stand and short of completely re-building the East it's always going to be inferior in size and overall quiality to our main stand and thats not something unique to the Amex.

I'm confident it will look fantastic, it might not be to everyones taste but I think we should be proud of a stadium that has four stands each with an individual charachter, something lacking from almost all similar sized new builds. No one will be able to label the Amex a boring or souless bowl when it's complete that for sure.

Don't get me wrong when I have a moan about what our ground will look like. I love everything about the Amex, the club, the team, everything. It won't stop me going because the opposite stand looks a bit weird. I'm just disappointed that an 80 mill stadium hasn't been given a better look over by the architects if this is what we are expecting. I'll get used to it, we all will.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'll have a go.

If the end result is anything like the mock up picture I will be very disappointed. It looks pony, nothing like the plan drawings so I'm hanging on to the hope that the drawings are more accurate but having said that, would th club REALLY allow that mock up pic to be put up on the official site if it was THAT inaccurate? And before anyone says it, no I don't prefer Withdean and yes I am grateful for Mr Bloom and the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here