Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work at stadium with extra seats: photos?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
its quite frustrating that there isnt a higher resolution version of the mock up, but oh well, here is a very bodged and blurry angled mockup, i acutally dont think it looks THAT bad...

jsajdfjdfjagjda.jpg

(i'm not duncan adams, the original photo is his)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You are wrong the mock up is incorrect

look at the plans mate, it is correct :facepalm:

the only thing wrong with it is the amount of seats in the rows behind/in front of the disabled area, which i think is actually just the fault of the angle of the photo.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
its quite frustrating that there isnt a higher resolution version of the mock up, but oh well, here is a very bodged and blurry angled mockup, i acutally dont think it looks THAT bad...

View attachment 31888

(i'm not duncan adams, the original photo is his)

Yeah that seriously does look bad, completely weird.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
the thing is with these mock-ups is that you obviously cant tell what size anything is, what the perspective is like, how it will look IN REAL LIFE etc.

Think I've already alluded to that a fair few times. But be honest fella, it looks pretty odd does it not?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Please don't tell me that's what the east stand will look like from the official site? :nono:Looks unfinished yet again,surely anyone can see that's not bloody right,what a waste as you could get extra seats to fill the gaps.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Think I've already alluded to that a fair few times. But be honest fella, it looks pretty odd does it not?

yes it looks odd, but it doesnt look BAD.
anyway, for reference, here are the plans
plans.jpg

people should stop telling themselves that isnt what it will look like, because it is.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Again, as I have been saying, I still believe the architects have done a shoddy job, it's almost like they have never built a stadium before. For 80 mill of someone's honest earned money I would expect something a little more polished.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Please don't tell me that's what the east stand will look like from the official site? :nono:Looks unfinished yet again,surely anyone can see that's not bloody right,what a waste as you could get extra seats to fill the gaps.

Read the thread :facepalm: it isn't unfinished, it is the designated disabled area.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Again, as I have been saying, I still believe the architects have done a shoddy job, it's almost like they have never built a stadium before. For 80 mill of someone's honest earned money I would expect something a little more polished.

Think about it, do you really think they have done a shoddy job? Look at the stadium plan. The disabled area is essentially its own section, it has its own mini concourse with toilets etc. The reason it looks as if there is a massive gap is because of the grey wall, which could easily be painted blue if people are so downright offended by the fact that the club will provide a top class disabled section in the stand.

The mockup just exaggerates the size of the wall behind the disabled area imo and I dont think it will look like a portacabin in reality.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Think about it, do you really think they have done a shoddy job? Look at the stadium plan. The disabled area is essentially its own section, it has its own mini concourse with toilets etc. The reason it looks as if there is a massive gap is because of the grey wall, which could easily be painted blue if people are so downright offended by the fact that the club will provide a top class disabled section in the stand.

The mockup just exaggerates the size of the wall behind the disabled area imo and I dont think it will look like a portacabin in reality.

And I have also said this, that they could have factored in the disabled areas to match the aesthetics of the stadium. They clearly have not done this and they have probably reduced the size of the stadium by some 300 - 500 seats. I am very proud that we show so much effort towards disabled people, it is a credit to the club, but it could have been done a little better, in my humble opinion.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
And I have also said this, that they could have factored in the disabled areas to match the aesthetics of the stadium. They clearly have not done this and they have probably reduced the size of the stadium by some 300 - 500 seats. I am very proud that we show so much effort towards disabled people, it is a credit to the club, but it could have been done a little better, in my humble opinion.

to be honest, wherever you put disabled seats, it is going to reduce the maximum number of seats available, there are also going to be disabled seats in the NE and SE corners, which takes out around 100-200 potential seats. I don't think, other than having the entire front row being dedicated to disabled seating, they could have chosen a better place to put the east upper disabled areas.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
to be honest, wherever you put disabled seats, it is going to reduce the maximum number of seats available, there are also going to be disabled seats in the NE and SE corners, which takes out around 100-200 potential seats. I don't think, other than having the entire front row being dedicated to disabled seating, they could have chosen a better place to put the east upper disabled areas.

Well, I hope they do paint those 'gun billets' blue, it may make a difference. I'll take whatever they give me in all honesty, I'm just disappointed.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Presumably the wheelchair spaces have to be on exactly the same level as the floor of the upper concourse, so that the route is level once they exit the lifts. There is therefore nowhere else they can go in the ESU and I cannot believe the moaning going on on here. How much time are you going to spend gazing at the ESU FFS?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Didn't realise we had bucket loads of disabled fans,hope the club have researched this as its a lot of effort for disabled fans who may not even fill it.

there is room for 32 disabled spaces accompanied by room for 32 helpers, essentially 64 spaces. i dont think there are 'bucket loads' but they must have had demand for it if they are going ahead with it.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Presumably the wheelchair spaces have to be on exactly the same level as the floor of the upper concourse, so that the route is level once they exit the lifts. There is therefore nowhere else they can go in the ESU and I cannot believe the moaning going on on here. How much time are you going to spend gazing at the ESU FFS?

exactly this, there is nowhere else it could go, without losing more seating due to ramps etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here