Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Words with Friends' Super Cup - Draw, Rules, Fixtures and Results Thread

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm back from holiday and can get going on my group games now - or am I a million years too late?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I'm back from holiday and can get going on my group games now - or am I a million years too late?

Welcome back - up and running in our 1st game. Do you want to play the return leg simultaneously? If so, send me an invite and we'll get cracking on that one too!

Still waiting for return leg with CharlieMunday......

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Results so far:

B00zza 349 - 272 leigull
leigull 317 - 410 B00zza
El Bod 306 - 361 leigull
Easy 10 319 - 356 leigull
leigull 364 - 223 sten_super
leigull 332 - 321 El Bod
Manx Seagull 343 - 362 leigull

Notters - leigull RESULT NOT YET IN
sten_super - leigull RESULT NOT YET IN
leigull - Notters RESULT NOT YET IN
leigull - Easy 10 RESULT NOT YET IN (but being absolutely spanked!)

One more result to add:

leigull 407 - 317 Manx Seagull - My first ever 400+ score

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Welcome back - up and running in our 1st game. Do you want to play the return leg simultaneously? If so, send me an invite and we'll get cracking on that one too!

Still waiting for return leg with CharlieMunday......

I'm still playing my first game with CharlieMunday, haven't heard from him for a few days though.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I'm still playing my first game with CharlieMunday, haven't heard from him for a few days though.
Yup, me too.

Glad to have finally kicked off my game with MattBackHome. Managed a 46 point "Jivey" with my second go!

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Yup, me too.

Glad to have finally kicked off my game with MattBackHome. Managed a 46 point "Jivey" with my second go!

CharlieMunday has been absent from our first game for 7 days now. I hope he's alright.

MattBackHome: welcome back, and thanks for starting the games, you must have a few on the go at once. I hope you can handle the pace :)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is anyone else having serious reliability issues with the Android app? It keeps force closing and sporadically losing my games.

sten_super 367 - 295 Notters

Yes. It is shit.

I am going to uninstall when this is over and stick to Wordsmith - much, much better and doesn't make my phone hang.

Still working through the results and cross checking everything... :yawn:

Yes. It is shit.

I am going to uninstall when this is over and stick to Wordsmith - much, much better and doesn't make my phone hang.

Still working through the results and cross checking everything... :yawn:

I have started playing Wordfeud, as it works on the Mrs' Wildfire, which is pretty good although there are rather too many bonus squares for my liking. I will give Wordsmith a try. Does it have the iPhone crossover (which is the good think about wwf)?

B00za 482 - sten_super 296

It was close for a long time until Bozza pounced with a 127 JIVES and then pulled away from there.

edit: another result in, and another defeat for me

sten_super 257 - leigull 377

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have started playing Wordfeud, as it works on the Mrs' Wildfire, which is pretty good although there are rather too many bonus squares for my liking. I will give Wordsmith a try. Does it have the iPhone crossover (which is the good think about wwf)?

I don't think Wordsmith is on the iPhone.
Tis very good though. Not quite as "polished" as WWF, but I do like the fact you only get 3 goes at submitting a word - do 3 duff ones and the turn passes to your opponent. It also keeps stats on your total win/loss ratio, and you can view your opponents stats as well to see if you're up against a DEMON.

I'm currently on W23 L8.

It lets you have a personal avatar as well. :)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think Wordsmith is on the iPhone.
Tis very good though. Not quite as "polished" as WWF, but I do like the fact you only get 3 goes at submitting a word - do 3 duff ones and the turn passes to your opponent. It also keeps stats on your total win/loss ratio, and you can view your opponents stats as well to see if you're up against a DEMON.

I'm currently on W23 L8.

It lets you have a personal avatar as well. :)

Agree that's not quite as pretty as WWF, and takes a few seconds longer to submit words but works a million times better and is way more reliable. The 3 attempt rule is also good, stops me taking too many flyers in desperation! The stats and stuff are interesting too.

Not sure if anyone knows but I'm guessing the paid version of Wordsmith just removes the adverts, no extra features?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here