Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Words with Friends' Super Cup - Draw, Rules, Fixtures and Results Thread

Sep 1, 2010
I have missed off both if my wins against BoF somehow. Booty80 cmon there have only been a few tiles left now for bloody ages

Sep 1, 2010
BOF. I will invite you for our second game now, My mistake only played once. here is my amended list now then along with yesterdays results

Smat@ 304 T1tanic 393
T1tanic 420 Smat@ 291
Smat@ 416 Ulitiali 447
Ultiali 352 Smat@ 401
Smat@ 328 Stumpytim 481
Stumpytim 349 Smat@ 391
Smat@ 370 Tedebears Pants 239
Tedebears Pants 219 Smat@ 378
Smat@ 438 Booty80 384
Booty80 334 Smat@ 377
Barrelloffun 311 Smat@ 366

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I get the sneaking suspicion people are using scrabble helpers on the internet which someone at work told me about on Friday. There is absolutey no way of knowing unless people are honest, but given I'm being tonked by some incredibly odd words I do wonder....

But its just a liitle diversionary GAME, for a bit of fun. I can't believe anyone would really bother to do that surely?

I've heard some SAD things on here, but if somebody were SAD enough to cheat in a little game like this, that would really take the biscuit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As its open to blatant cheating I dont see the point in this game personally.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Any of you Group D lot (or anyone else for that matter) heard from seagulls4life?? Been a week since I challenged him and I've still not had anything back.

I've just got to finish the game off against MarcBHA and I'm done apart from seagulls4life.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Any of you Group D lot (or anyone else for that matter) heard from seagulls4life?? Been a week since I challenged him and I've still not had anything back.

I've just got to finish the game off against MarcBHA and I'm done apart from seagulls4life.

nope, i'm also waiting for MarcBHA and Mellotron....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm happy to put my hands up and say that when I first started playing WwF, which must be about a year or so back, I popped to a site that listed permissible 2 letter words as it saved me time just trying every bloody combination I had. It doesn't take long until you get to know most of them though, so it's been a long time since I did that, although now and again I still see an odd one I didn't know was valid - Gi being, possibly, the most recent used against me.

I've had games against people that beat me so comprehensively, repeatedly getting outstanding words that maximised DL, TL spaces, often in combination with DW or TW that I stopped playing them. They were either so much better than me that there was little point us playing each other or they were cheating, and I think I know which of those it was more likely to be.

Back to our league - Easy 10 has just inflicted my 2nd defeat on me, and I'm well placed in two games against Notters who seems to be on a go slow of late.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats why C's and V's are such a pain in the 'arris. You can't make ANY two-letter words with them.

Considering some of the stuff it accepts, the fact it won't have 'Co' is indeed an irritant.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thats why C's and V's are such a pain in the 'arris. You can't make ANY two-letter words with them.

Considering some of the stuff it accepts, the fact it won't have 'Co' is indeed an irritant.

'Ka' was a revelation to me.

I love some bi-directional M, B, F or P TL action. 24+ easy points.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Apart from people using anagram finders or whatever, it's not easy to cheat! Plus it's not in the spirit of the game! There just wouldn't be any point in it - would there?

You could argue about that for any game/sport its all about willy waving/bragging rights. But this one leaves it wide open to cheating on a monumental scale as its all about trust and when someone comes up with words that you know in a million years they dont even have in their vocab then you have to wonder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here