Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Words with Friends' Super Cup - Draw, Rules, Fixtures and Results Thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My wwf app has just had some kind of terminal breakdown. I've restarted the app but all of my league games (both completed and in play) except for the two with Notters seem to have disappeared. Anyone know how I can get them back? ???

I've both chatted and played my turn.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Group C results so far:

t1tanic 420 smat@ 291
smat@ 304 t1tanic 393
t1tanic 394 StumpyTim 425
t1tanic 413 ultiali 283
t1tanic 348 booty80 295
t1tanic 431 tedebears pants 196
StumpyTim 344 t1tanic 399
ultiali 397 t1tanic 431

Now just waiting for return legs from tedebears pants and Booty80, and news of the missing bangonthemoney.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
how is the points thing working again? is it points totaled up or set amount of points for a win, i am struggling to qualify though. Also, what is happening about the missing players in group C that has not responded?

I'm going with 2 points for a win, 1 point for an unlikely tie and then points difference. Probably should have thrown in a bonus points system for points scored in games.

Not sure about the no shows. I'll plot the results now.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Well I still can't see the game, despite restarting my phone and reinstalling the app twice. Guess I'll just have to restart all the games. Rubbish.

edit: or should I cede them all? BoF, what is your official judgement?

How many tiles are left? In football if a game is abandoned after 70 mins are left the score at the time stands and if not the whole match is replayed. Maybe more than 15 tiles left it should be replayed?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How many tiles are left? In football if a game is abandoned after 70 mins are left the score at the time stands and if not the whole match is replayed. Maybe more than 15 tiles left it should be replayed?
I'd agree with that, with a minor adjustment. Only let it stand if 15 tiles or fewer remain and the gap between the players is more than 25 points.

I'd agree with that, with a minor adjustment. Only let it stand if 15 tiles or fewer remain and the gap between the players is more than 25 points.

I am happy to go along with that, if my opponents are. These are the games that I think have disappeared; could each opponent please report back on the state of the game?

Bozza vs sten_super
sten_super vs Manxseagull
sten_super vs leigull
sten_super vs El Bod (I think this one may have finished?)

Both games against Notters and my game against Easy 10 are still there, and apparently waiting for my opponent to make their move. Let me know if this isn't correct.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You are almost certainly waiting for my move sten, I'll pick it up when I get in tonight.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I am happy to go along with that, if my opponents are. These are the games that I think have disappeared; could each opponent please report back on the state of the game?

Bozza vs sten_super
sten_super vs leigull

Both games against Notters and my game against Easy 10 are still there, and apparently waiting for my opponent to make their move. Let me know if this isn't correct.

sten_super 148 vs leigull 240 - 30 tiles remaining

Game still showing as active. I have had a similar problem with mine and the games came back after 24 hours or so, and/or logging out and in a few times.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
El Bod 234 - 268 Sten_Super with 3 tiles still to come. I think it's only fair you claim the win on this one!

sten_super 148 vs leigull 240 - 30 tiles remaining

Game still showing as active. I have had a similar problem with mine and the games came back after 24 hours or so, and/or logging out and in a few times.

El Bod 234 - 268 Sten_Super with 3 tiles still to come. I think it's only fair you claim the win on this one!

Thanks guys. I'll try resetting the phone again in a few hours to see if that helps. If either of you want to challenge me for the return leg we could get those started in the meantime...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Thanks guys. I'll try resetting the phone again in a few hours to see if that helps. If either of you want to challenge me for the return leg we could get those started in the meantime...

I think I was home for the first game so will leave to you...

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Done. Have challenged all the others in our group now too. Hopefully start getting some results through later today.

Incidently, in one game (I won't say which), I have 5 e's. Is that some kind of record? Not amused

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bozza vs sten_super
sten_super vs leigull

Showing as 177 - 173 to me, 40 tiles remaining.

Let's leave it a wee while, as it's close, and if the game does not come back I'll re-challenge you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simster71 429 - 285 tinxtaylor

Not so close this time, but should do my points difference a world of good.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Squeezy Cheesy Peas 356 Tomjwatkins 258
Squeezy Cheesy Peas 331 Conkers87 343
Squeezy Cheesy Peas 351 c-c-c-sider 355

Two of them went down to the last tile :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here