Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Words with Friends' Super Cup - Draw, Rules, Fixtures and Results Thread

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The software is starting to piss me right off - I've had to uninstall and reload 3 times today already! Anyone else having to force it to close all the time too?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The software is starting to piss me right off - I've had to uninstall and reload 3 times today already! Anyone else having to force it to close all the time too?

mine sometimes get stuck when I've submitted a word, I just exit the App and go back in and everythings fine until the next time. It maybe the Anroid version your phone is running on or even the phone, hopefully the makers will gradually fix all the annoyances...hang in there for now!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Your timeline is still wrong. You are saying you called it before I volunteered the information.
This is important to me because you are implying that my motives were to cheat you.
I suggest you check back on the order of the messaging of that game.

How does one do that? I've probably played 100 games since then and the iOS version of WWF only keeps the most recent 10.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
How does one do that? I've probably played 100 games since then and the iOS version of WWF only keeps the most recent 10.

Old Binky does have an impressive vocabulary though, in our current game he's played anion, etudes and evites. And that's in the first half a dozen moves. I for one have never encountered at least two of those!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Old Binky does have an impressive vocabulary though, in our current game he's played anion, etudes and evites. And that's in the first half a dozen moves. I for one have never encountered at least two of those!

Anion and etudes, fine by me.... but evites is definitely a new one!?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
ZOA from the Binkster in our game

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
ZOA from the Binkster in our game

To be fair, I've no idea what zoa is, but it was worth a try.

Point of order. If you try a word and the program rejects it, are you honour bound to pass on your go?

I make no apologies for etude, anion or evite.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
That is somewhat twisting the events as they occured.
You didn't call me a cheat... I messaged YOU to TELL you I had found the interesting word in the dictionary. Hardly the actions of a guilty person, and hardly a "confession".
While there are no "official" WWF rules, the majority of sites which I trawled mentioned the unenforcability of a "closed book" rule, leading to a convention whereby messages are exchanged at the start of play if you want to stipulate a closed book honour system. This seemed to me to be sensible, but not something which we did.
It is clear that the concensus of people on this board are that this challenge should be conducted without reference aids.
That is how I am playing.

However you are calling me a cheat NOW, with no basis for the accusation casting aspersions on my current games.
When I saw your post on NSC, I offered to forfeit the game we were playing, and rematch with a closed book rule, but you (metaphorically) stalked of in a huff.
You have impugned my honour.
Do you want a rematch now? or wait until we meet in the league?

That is f***ing brilliant- fancy getting all emotional about a mobile phone game.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
To be fair, I've no idea what zoa is, but it was worth a try.

Point of order. If you try a word and the program rejects it, are you honour bound to pass on your go?

I make no apologies for etude, anion or evite.

No problem with that at all - done the very same myself. The fact that there are no limits to the number of words you can try before you get one accepted says to me that it is allowable to 'take a flyer' so to speak. If the program only allowed you three non-words and then automatically passed on your turn that would be different.

I do have a Words with Friends word finder program on my phone but steadfastly refuse to use it in the NSC league. Only got it when I first started and was playing a load of Yanks who came up with stoopid words that I had never heard of!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I just tried FER, after several others, and got away with it... I suspect it may be decisive. I guess I thought it might be something to do with the French for 'iron' but don't know really. It's rather unsatisfactory IMHO.

I do prefer Literai, with its 'challenge' and 'miss your turn if its not real' rules... and also a time limit between goes... but I guess that doesn't work well in this sort of store and forward enviroment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here