Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Words, Phrases or Topics that are banned or should be banned from NSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
What pub is everyone going to before the game (regardless of where we are playing)?

What time train is everyone getting (regardless of where people are travelling from)?

What strip will we be wearing (what difference does it make)?

How many will we take (what does it matter)?

Player ratings (what qualifies a 15 year old self abuser watching his third game without his mum to judge professional footballers)?

Best chant of the day (usually judged by the above inadequates younger less popular brother)

Werent the stewards terrible today? (accompanied by a sob story from someone whos been told by the steward to sit down 15 times, has told the steward to flip off 15 times, and on the 16th time has been slung out, thus making it the stewards fault)

Can anyone reccommend a place to go on holiday/ new lawn mower / packet of crisps / hairbrush etc etc. (Roughly translates as Ive got no freinds or family / my friends and family hate me and no one I work with is interested in my life so I thought I might impress someone on here by the fact that Im going to buy / book / rent something, but Im too thick and lazy to decide what that something will be)

Will you be in the Market Port on Saturday?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Would of.

Is it just to save time, TXT-style, or can people really be so bafflingly ignorant of the basics of their own language? If so, I'm surprised they even know the word 'would'. What's coming next: 'wood of'?

Back in the day, even poor kids learnt decent English. What's gone wrong?

Also, 'are' instead of 'our'.

Would of.

Is it just to save time, TXT-style, or can people really be so bafflingly ignorant of the basics of their own language? If so, I'm surprised they even know the word 'would'. What's coming next: 'wood of'?

Back in the day, even poor kids learnt decent English. What's gone wrong?

Not to mention aswell, which is becoming endemic on NSC.

Surely anyone could learn in ten minutes the differences between

Your and You're
Were and we're
There, they're and their
Bought and brought
Unkept and unkempt
Infamous and notorious

OK, I just threw the last pair in bacause I don't know the difference myself. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

Your and You're
Were and we're
There, they're and their
Bought and brought
Unkept and unkempt
Infamous and notorious

OK, I just threw the last pair in bacause I don't know the difference myself. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Notorious suggests someone who is well known for something discredible or bad. Infamous is a stronger word it suggests that person is evil or wicked and it is in their nature.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Your and You're
Were and we're
There, they're and their
Bought and brought
Unkept and unkempt
Infamous and notorious

Hey, while we're at it, can we also lob in...

Imply and infer
Jealousy and envy

:thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't hold back

Simple, everything you ever post should be removed from this forum, and so should you.

I find just about everything you ever post ranges from mildly offensive, through to down right offensive. I would like to see you permanently banned form NSC. The topics you start are invariably purile, and are sexually themed, seemingly intended to generate maximum reaction.

Why don't you leave this site, and go to a site that fullfills your needs more suitably? In case you hadn't noticed, this is a site about football, in particular Bright and Hove Albion. Threads like "have you caught your parents having sex" "should the age of consent be lowered" etc really have no place on this forum. And neither do you in my opinion.

You are not funny, witty, or informative. Your agenda seems to be purely based on getting a reaction or attention, just like this one I imagine.

Do us a favour, go away.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
How when fans ring up the fans phone in and introduce themselves by their NSC name. Like " Hi it's Dave, Dave Seagull from NSC here just want to talk about the Albion" :rant:

You appear to have omitted the second 't' from 'omitted'.

That is libellous; it was the first "t" that I omitted :lolol:

I didn't think it looked correct either, so checked it and corrected it before I saw your post - although the timing might suggest otherwise. Good call, though!

I think jealousy is just a stronger strain of envy.

Last edited:

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
starting a thread with the title 'official', when in reality it's a load of bollocks.

apologising for starting a thread, "sorry if it's been discussed before....."

fixtures

binfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here