Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Words only ever used in a football context

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I have only ever heard the metaphor: "A sea of red and white", or some such teams colour used in a football context.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
playmaker

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not a word, but a phrase from Big Ron commentating. Having witnessed a tricky winger go around his man - " his done him for fun ".

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
the saying "there team has won here by 3 goals to 1 but the withdean faithful still moans and boo's the players!" :laugh:

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
albion and argyle

Two Albion pubs in Brighton & Hove and I had some Argyle socks but I sort of agree they've been adopted by football as has The Perfidious Albion.

I may be showing my ignorance here but is there a name for that nifty trick of rolling the ball up the back of your calf with the side of your other foot and flicking it up? I can't find anyone who can help, anybdy know?

I hope it isn't something boring like flick up.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Two Albion pubs in Brighton & Hove and I had some Argyle socks but I sort of agree they've been adopted by football as has The Perfidious Albion.

I may be showing my ignorance here but is there a name for that nifty trick of rolling the ball up the back of your calf with the side of your other foot and flicking it up? I can't find anyone who can help, anybdy know?

I hope it isn't something boring like flick up.

It's called f*cking clever
:laugh:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Was that one coined by Lawro?

No "Bouncebackability" was that bald-headed Northern Irishman who f**ked up Charlton, now what was his name....:shrug: he doesn't seem so good in his own career, does he Mr Dowie? And I think he was "helping" Sheaer at Newky, look what happened to them!:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here