Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

woodgate

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Both are good leaders and can play, Terry is a great reader of the game and Woodgate has the pace. Neither have the showboating, narcissistic tendencies of Ferdinand.

enigma said:
And that makes him racist? Where is the proof?

this is a nice boy, this is a good boy..... he wouldn't set upon a nice Asian lad with a bunch of other nice young spotless athletes and give him such a kicking that he's almost killed. No, not this famous highly-paid boy, he's a GOOD boy (and can afford a great defence in a trial that would see most of you locked up for decades)

Get real you clowns.:jester: How much more do you need to realise that woodgate was an integral part of a racist group. That pasty little bigot's inclusion in the England squad might even compromise the comfort of some of our non-white players in the team.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Er, NMH I think you will find we were trying to steer clear of the racist debate around Woodgate and just focus on his football.

Les Biehn said:
Er, NMH I think you will find we were trying to steer clear of the racist debate around Woodgate and just focus on his football.

Morale of other players is at stake though, you cannot ignore the effect that may have on Campbell, Ashley Cole, SWP, Ledley King etc.

Anyway, you can steer clear all you like Les, his footballing ability is good but his physical and mental health are proven to be questionable and that's important to our team, 'as a team'.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Woodgate is a classy central defender, in an ideal world the perfect partner for Terry. (Though would like to get a word in here for Ledley-King-the-centre-back, also class and perhaps Spurs' most important player this season.. not that that necessarily means f***-all to England, I know, but it all helps...)

But Woodgate - used to feel nowt but scorn for him, but it seems even with all his injuries in Spain, he's knuckled down much more assiduously than Beckham and Owen to learning the language, and spent as much of his spare time as possible driving across the country taking in the culture, geography, general ambience, etc... Oh, and gambling, but still...

Hence the Real fans giving him a standing ovation even after he'd scored an own goal and been sent off on his debut. Yes, very funny and I laughed, but he seems to have even endeared himself to the notorious Spanish Press too...

Hope he gets to at least make a decent challenge to the squad ahead of the World Cup - without waltzing in, of course - but fear time must be running out. And his injury record doesn't exactly inspire confidence for the future...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Stumpy Tim said:
Ferdinand & Campbell are the best two defenders in the England squad. Woodgate is better than Terry too

Ferdinand can't head a bit, can't concentrate for 90 minutes anymore and hasn't any bottle. Campbell's decent but has aqppalling distribution and for my money far below Woodgate and Terry's ability

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
i think you and Stumpy Tim are so caught up on the racism issue here that you're sticking black players in the team just to prove you're not racist. This is how James, Defoe and Richardson got near the squad

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
NMH said:
Morale of other players is at stake though, you cannot ignore the effect that may have on Campbell, Ashley Cole, SWP, Ledley King etc.

Anyway, you can steer clear all you like Les, his footballing ability is good but his physical and mental health are proven to be questionable and that's important to our team, 'as a team'.

Yes, all valid points but you appear to be making out that I am being ignorant to the affect of Woodgates actions/mental state on the team/himself, or worse trying to side step the issue of his potential racist attitude. However my intention was to discuss whether he was fit and his ability on the pitch.

Les Biehn said:
Yes, all valid points but you appear to be making out that I am being ignorant to the affect of Woodgates actions/mental state on the team/himself, or worse trying to side step the issue of his potential racist attitude. However my intention was to discuss whether he was fit and his ability on the pitch.

Not making out anything about what you think Les B, I am putting in my own thoughts on your points. I see them as valid, and a good reason not to pick him for England. I might also suggest that, although he may know the Spanish game, the players there will also know his.

It's clear he has NOT been 'fit' anyway, for one - but ability-wise I really think we have better players to pick before him in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here