Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

woodgate

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Uncle Buck said:
He was the only one found guilty of the attack on the Asian lad?

Not the only one but and was found quilty of afray

It was probably racially motivated from Bowyer's point of view because he is notorious for being a nasty little racist fucker. I don't think Woodgate is so bad though, he seems like a reasonable-ish fella who just got in with a "bad crowd". He's certainly no Bowyer.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Chesney Christ 1 said:
It was probably racially motivated from Bowyer's point of view because he is notorious for being a nasty little racist fucker. I don't think Woodgate is so bad though, he seems like a reasonable-ish fella who just got in with a "bad crowd". He's certainly no Bowyer.

So why did he join in when they were giving him a kick in ? If he was decent he would have walked away surely ?

REDLAND said:
So why did he join in when they were giving him a kick in ? If he was decent he would have walked away surely ?

What he did was reprehensible but I don't think (from his point of view) it was racially motivated. He seems to have turned over a new leaf and in interviews he has always come across okay.

The other thing is that throughout the court proceedings he appeared genuinely remorseful, in total contrast to Bowyer.

But for all I know, he could indeed be a total tosser. Neither of us know either way really do we?

Now, Bowyer on the other hand...... :angry: :angry:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Chesney Christ 1 said:
What he did was reprehensible but I don't think (from his point of view) it was racially motivated. He seems to have turned over a new leaf and in interviews he has always come across okay.

The other thing is that throughout the court proceedings he appeared genuinely remorseful, in total contrast to Bowyer.

But for all I know, he could indeed be a total tosser. Neither of us know either way really do we?

Now, Bowyer on the other hand...... :angry: :angry:

Its fact he joined in.
Its fact that the CPS had evidence that racist abuse was used, this was only insubmissable because they couldn't prove WHO said it.

as for being remorsefull he was earning £40grand a week ? at the time, I'm not surprised he was !!, he may have turned over a new leaf and fair play to him if he has BUT hes still not getting a christmas card from me :p

Last edited:

E

enigma

brighton_b0y said:
are you his f***ing mum or something. He joined in kicking the shit out of an innocent kid :rolleyes:

And that makes him racist? Where is the proof?

REDLAND said:
Its fact that the CPS had evidence that racist abuse was used, this was only insubmissable because they couldn't prove WHO said it.

I would say it was almost definitely Bowyer. He is known throughout the game as a vicious little racist and has been involved in several other racist incidents (McDonalds incident for example). Woodgate, on the other hand, has a fairly flawless track record both on and off the field (this whole thing aside).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
brighton_b0y said:
are you his f***ing mum or something. He joined in kicking the shit out of an innocent kid :rolleyes:

That doesn't make him a racist, that makes him a lairy prick.
So totally unlike most footballers or football fans really

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Chesney Christ 1 said:
Where's the link between how much money someone earns and the ability to demonstrate remorse?

Pop down the bank and secure a £100 grand loan, get back to the office and punch ya boss square in the eyes

your soon get that link

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
REDLAND said:
Pop down the bank and secure a £100 grand loan, get back to the office and punch ya boss square in the eyes

your soon get that link

Rubbish point and inanely made

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
keaton said:
Rubbish point and inanely made

I KNEW I shouldn't have had the 4th Stella

please excuse me !!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Jesus H, why did this thread have to turn into a slanging match about whether Woodgate is a racist. Can we not just talk about his merits as a footballer.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Right then.
I think him and Terry are the best centre-back pairing for England.
If he stays fit he'll prove he's class

E

enigma

keaton said:
Right then.
I think him and Terry are the best centre-back pairing for England.
If he stays fit he'll prove he's class

Agreed. Woodgate is class, doesnt have an obvious weakness defensively and is decent on the ball. If only he could stay fit....

His record with Newcastle springs to mind, when he played it was so much better than when he didnt, cant remember the exact statistics exactly but it was eye catching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here