Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wonderful comment from Gus at press briefing this morning

D

Deleted User X18H

' teams will want to come and play here and win just like the do when they go to the nou camp bernubeu or old Trafford it is a great day for players when they win at these stadiums'. Brilliant that he thinks like that he certainly has a project I think

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Relative for our division, he's right.

A Southampton player said last week that all games for them 2010/11 tricky, as opponents treated it like their cup final.

Similar situation building at the Amex & with the winning & publicity Albion's getting.

Anyway, any news from Gus on new signings?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Relative for our division, he's right.

A Southampton player said last week that all games for them 2010/11 tricky, as opponents treated it like their cup final.

Similar situation building at the Amex & with the winning & publicity Albion's getting.

Err..............hardly.

West Ham are the BIG team in this division, and the likes of Leicester, Forest, Leeds, Derby and as much as I hate to say it, Stains, have bigger stadia and bigger attendances than us.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Why are we soooo down on Ourselves??? maybe we are fast becoming a BIG team and maybe we have a new stadium which so far has had great feedback from away fans and teams and maybe we make a fantastic atmosphere so yes Gus is right, he also stated teams will want to be the ones in the history book as the first away team to win at The Amex, good on him shame we dont have the same vision as him...obviously

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
' teams will want to come and play here and win just like the do when they go to the nou camp bernubeu or old Trafford it is a great day for players when they win at these stadiums'. Brilliant that he thinks like that he certainly has a project I think

You might want to go and listen again-the actual comments are nothing like you've presented them.

He actually said that it is getting very nice for teams to come and play at The Amex,teams and players will be wanting to come to The Amex and be the first side to beat Brighton in a competitive game, there is nothing better for a player. His comment about Old Trafford and Barcelona were along the lines of 'some players don't like to go to those places because they think they're going to lose. Why? It should be the best day of your life if you get the chance to play at those places'.

Somewhat different to your version.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

I sincerely hope that you've misquoted him because this sounds like a maddeningly stupid thing to say and so NOT his style

EDIT : I see from Bwian that you had misquoted him. Thank the Lord - my faith in Gus is restored

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
You might want to go and listen again-the actual comments are nothing like you've presented them.

He actually said that it is getting very nice for teams to come and play at The Amex,teams and players will be wanting to come to The Amex and be the first side to beat Brighton in a competitive game, there is nothing better for a player. His comment about Old Trafford and Barcelona were along the lines of 'some players don't like to go to those places because they think they're going to lose. Why? It should be the best day of your life if you get the chance to play at those places'.

Somewhat different to your version.

HB&B in bullshit shocker

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I sincerely hope that you've misquoted him because this sounds like a maddeningly stupid thing to say and so NOT his style

EDIT : I see from Bwian that you had misquoted him. Thank the Lord - my faith in Gus is restored
This. It did seem a ridiculous thing to say, which is obviously why the board's most tedious attention seeker misquoted him.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Wonderful? I think that is the most CRINGEWORTHY thing Gus has ever said.

Positive Rep points for you with that little nugget Simster.

I agree - I get what he is trying to instill in the players but this kind of thing when only half a dozen games into our tenure at the Amex opens us up to horrendous ridicule from every other Championship club out there.

Clearly some will shoot me down for saying it, but there is such a thing as over confidence and although Gus exudes style and panashe I feel he might somewhat have misjudged this one.

Sure, by all means crow if we end the season unbeaten and in a promotion spot, and go on to achieve Premier League mediocrity but we've achieved very little yet.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
West Ham are the BIG team in this division,

Indeed and they are CHARGING for it as well. £43 Hammers v Pompey. FORTY THREE QUID. Better start saving for our game on 14/04/12.

Ok thats for home fans but I cant see us being charged that far off that amount.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Positive Rep points for you with that little nugget Simster.

I agree - I get what he is trying to instill in the players but this kind of thing when only half a dozen games into our tenure at the Amex opens us up to horrendous ridicule from every other Championship club out there.

Clearly some will shoot me down for saying it, but there is such a thing as over confidence and although Gus exudes style and panashe I feel he might somewhat have misjudged this one.

Sure, by all means crow if we end the season unbeaten and in a promotion spot, and go on to achieve Premier League mediocrity but we've achieved very little yet.

Have a read of what he actually said (post #6) and not the sensationalist rubbish from the OP

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Indeed and they are CHARGING for it as well. £43 Hammers v Pompey. FORTY THREE QUID. Better start saving for our game on 14/04/12.

Ok thats for home fans but I cant see us being charged that far off that amount.

That's disgusting. In any other country's 2nd tier that kind of money would buy you a corporate package in the Directors box. And to think some people question why others are reticent to do away games.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Have a read of what he actually said (post #6) and not the sensationalist rubbish from the OP

Realised that as soon as I posted, one of the problems of replying on here mid work flow is that I dont finish my replies until the dust has settled and all the facts have become known.

Given the thread starter I really really shouldn't have bitten.

Don't worry Gus I still love you really!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Realised that as soon as I posted, one of the problems of replying on here mid work flow is that I dont finish my replies until the dust has settled and all the facts have become known.

Haha :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Poor old HB&B, it's not his fault really, it's listening to all the Tory Spin he takes as gospel that makes him prone to misinterprtation.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I wonder what would happen if we started to charge visiting teams what they charge us ? Granted we'd need to make Palace pay a premium on top as there will be increased costs for clearing up after their caravans have left.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
HB&B in bullshit shocker

I now know why Hove Boring & Bullshitter has been on my ignore list for years. Opened this thread thinking I'd missed a Gus interview only to find Dimothy hasn't changed and is posting his usual shite. Click!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

Think we will be charged the same prices as bobby Moore lower.

D

Deleted User X18H

After he said 'for those players it is the best day of their life(if they win it the Nou Camp or Old Trafford) he went on to say it's the same here........ at the moment .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here