Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wonderful comment from Gus at press briefing this morning

D

Deleted User X18H

Sorry I was just excited about how excited and proud Gus appears to be.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Err..............hardly.

West Ham are the BIG team in this division, and the likes of Leicester, Forest, Leeds, Derby and as much as I hate to say it, Stains, have bigger stadia and bigger attendances than us.

Hang on, we've only just built our stadium. Do believe we're putting in for planning permission to increase capacity. As those teams, they've all dropped from the top league at some point. We, on the other hand are on the way up, and are as high in the leagues as we've ever been in living memory.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Hang on, we've only just built our stadium. Do believe we're putting in for planning permission to increase capacity. As those teams, they've all dropped from the top league at some point. We, on the other hand are on the way up, and are as high in the leagues as we've ever been in living memory.

Sorry HovaGirl, myself and a fair few others who aren't quite dead yet can dimly remember being a lot higher in the leagues than this. Providing you equate the Prem. to the old First Division.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Sorry HovaGirl, myself and a fair few others who aren't quite dead yet can dimly remember being a lot higher in the leagues than this. Providing you equate the Prem. to the old First Division.

True, thanks to Brian and Alan, but we weren't up there long.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Think we will be charged the same prices as bobby Moore lower.

Im not sure how much that is.

But my mate at work who was saying its £43, is a general admission ticket, doesnt include prawn sandwich or whatever.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Poor old HB&B, it's not his fault really, it's listening to all the Tory Spin he takes as gospel that makes him prone to misinterprtation.

Why bring a biased and ignorant political angle to a football debate? What did Alaistair Campbell, Charlie Whelan & an army of well paid others do for a living?

D

Deleted User X18H

I sincerely hope that you've misquoted him because this sounds like a maddeningly stupid thing to say and so NOT his style

EDIT : I see from Bwian that you had misquoted him. Thank the Lord - my faith in Gus is restored

I have listened to it again and what he says verbatim is ' players don't like going to the Old Trafford or the Nou Camp because they think they are going to lose, but if they win it is the best day of their lives because they beat the local team, it is the same here at the moment.

Not much different to what I said really . I only put it on because I thought it was a very uplifting thing to say and as I said shows how proud Gus is of the team and its achievements.

Last edited:

matt

Mar 19, 2007
' teams will want to come and play here and win just like the do when they go to the nou camp bernubeu or old Trafford it is a great day for players when they win at these stadiums'. Brilliant that he thinks like that he certainly has a project I think

Were you there? Strange that you haven't mentioned that before...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here