Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's World Cup

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see James is only banned for one game, unless FIFA extend it.

That's weird, why only 1 for violent conduct? I don't personally feel it needs to be longer, as it wasn't that bad, but it was violent conduct as opposed to a professional foul, so I thought 3 would be the standard.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Dreadful first half between Colombia and Jamaica. Proper brutal from the Jamaicans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suffered that as well… looks to me like the ‘ lionesses’ are over hyped
Out of sorts. Some key players of the past no longer available.

They were seriously roughed up by Nigeria who were fitter and stronger but, alas for them, Nigeria were also blessed with Richie Barker's eye for goal, and Ulloa's penalty skills.

Hope all's well!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hidden among the transfer talk and the Premier League kicking off last night, there are some more games today, including England.

Despite 3 average performances out of 4 and no James, I think we'll have enough to beat Colombia. (KO 11:30am)

Before that is the small matter of Australia v France. I'll take the French to prevail against the spirited hosts.

So Spain v Sweden and France v England as the 2 SFs producing a Spain v France final that the Spanish women win.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's weird, why only 1 for violent conduct? I don't personally feel it needs to be longer, as it wasn't that bad, but it was violent conduct as opposed to a professional foul, so I thought 3 would be the standard.
She’s banned for two games…..back for the final if we get there.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I agree, I was expecting a three game ban even though she didn't stamp with force she did deliberately step on her opponent.

France have been on top, but Australia just had the best chance. Brilliant stop by the defender!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Aussie keeper tips the fifth French penalty onto the post, and then immediately steps up herself to take the winning penalty...

...and hits the post.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That was some shootout

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And that's why I don't bet on sport. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here