Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women Managers

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Surely the logical engame of sexism in sport is to do away with the different gender differentiation.

Equality means all competing on the same playing field equally, not just metaphorically but literally. Women couldn't moan about the differences in sporting prizes/exposure currently connected to mens sport if it was made accessible to them.........so open it up and get rid of the seperate men and womens Championships in Wimbledon, Golf, Football or the different disciplines in the Olympics.

If they are good enough then they are good enough, this is what is happening in industry........slowly maybe but it is happening.

Compete equally or stop whining..........oh, and and put the f***ing kettle on while your at it.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I am the original poster........thought I would throw this out there.
I typed into various search engines.............
'Male jobs within the Womens Institute'............
TRY IT

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I may be flamed by this but the program put out by Gaby Logan ultimately felt like a declaration of a full out assault into the mens game of football. You may be in agreement with it, you may not...but I ask.....along with the agreement of my wife..........is there NO sanctury for the rights and traditions of men?

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
IIRC a woman managed a Serie C team in Italy 10 or so years ago and quite after 2 games because of the media pressure.
It would have to be a tough skinned woman to take on a job for a league club.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It is possible. I don't think anyone thought we would have a female Prime Minister and yet it's happened. Whoever it would be would have to be a force of nature with such a strong will and personality that gender considerations would pale into the background.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I can't see women managers being accepted unless there was a big push from FIFA, the same as they have done for racism.

But unfortunately we are stuck in an era where not so very long ago Sepp Blatter was asking for women's footballers to wear tighter kit. So I just can't see it happening for now.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It's 2012 and there are still only a couple of black managers in the PL and Football League

This suggests that we are MILES off having a female manager of a professional side.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
lady boss in Premier League within ten years - Hills offer 100/1, but 33/1 in Football League within five.

I seem to remember Hope Powell being up for a lower job, was it Northampton a little while ago, obviously didn't get it. I think it will be quite a while before we see one anywhere near the top of the game.

I heard she turned down Palace.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
There's a number of very good quality female coaches out there and I think they can/could/will fully thrive in doing that within a professional set up. I also think it's more likely you'll see female coaches working with youth teams than with the first team or reserves because they younger they are, the more likely they'll be to come around to the idea. However, managing is a different issue altogether and that's not just the case with women but male coaches too. I just don't think a female could command the respect that a manager needs to have, with a group of players.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the number of women involved in the playing side of clubs, being low but behind the scenes, within roles like operations, being on the board, marketing, jobs like that, I don't see why there shouldn't be more women involved.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It's 2012 and there are still only a couple of black managers in the PL and Football League

This suggests that we are MILES off having a female manager of a professional side.

2 is still a greater representation than the general population of blacks in the UK.

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
I think a job that relies on mental faculties is equally doable by either gender. As long as the person knows the game well enough I don't see why that person couldn't be a manager of a team. It would be nice to see this happen as a step against sexism in professional sports. Sadly, I can't imagine it being taken seriously if it were to happen.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
There's no theoretical reason why this shouldn't happen. Whether the male footballers being managed by a woman would see it that way is another matter (and a rather daft matter as that). I think there are probably too many sexist players and fans for this to happen in any meaningful way in my lifetime, but we'll see.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Some women appear not to like criticism of any kind. My missus doesn't react well if I suggest her arse looks big, or her haircut is crap, or her dress is frumpy.
Now translate that to the dugout where criticism could come from thousands of unhappy fans. There would be tears for sure.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
My wife and I were discussing when this issue would be raised a few days ago and it appears that Laurie Sanchez has now uttered a comment that he would expect a female manager within the next two years! Hope Powell, Gaby Logan and all will be most happy. Karen Brady is positively delighted it's been brought up!

Well..................what do you think?

They should stick to the washing up, we never should have given them the vote theyve been a pain in the arse ever since

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What about black people in football? Probably a more accurate representation

Then you have to work it out by time factors. IE if women acheived parity as graduates in about 1996. you cant expect parity in boardrooms till that cohort reaches the average age of directors, say about 2020. The same applies to footballers.

There is also the question of why should they match? As some areas have over-representation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here