Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women Managers

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
My wife and I were discussing when this issue would be raised a few days ago and it appears that Laurie Sanchez has now uttered a comment that he would expect a female manager within the next two years! Hope Powell, Gaby Logan and all will be most happy. Karen Brady is positively delighted it's been brought up!

Well..................what do you think?

My wife and I were discussing when this issue would be raised a few days ago and it appears that Laurie Sanchez has now uttered a comment that he would expect a female manager within the next two years! Hope Powell, Gaby Logan and all will be most happy. Karen Brady is positively delighted it's been brought up!

:lol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone remember this...

1269711.jpg

Anyone remember this...

1269711.jpg

Yes - not a bad show (ran for at least two series), Warren Clarke was the Chairman and the lovely Cherie Lunghi was the manageress. Believe it was filmed at a pre Madjeski Reading.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore

I work quite closely with Barnet FC and their Ladies Manager, Tracey Kevins is perfectly capable of managing a mens side. Like Sanchez said it's just a matter of time and a chairman having the balls to make the appointment. My fear is that someone would do it more for the novelty/marketing value and would risk it not being taken seriously, if the female manager then failed it would put people off ever doing it again.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I work quite closely with Barnet FC and their Ladies Manager, Tracey Kevins is perfectly capable of managing a mens side. Like Sanchez said it's just a matter of time and a chairman having the balls to make the appointment. My fear is that someone would do it more for the novelty/marketing value and would risk it not being taken seriously, if the female manager then failed it would put people off ever doing it again.

Agree this is a possibility. For novelty value (ie a joke club in the first place) or because they were so bad it couldn't get much worse.

Palace next season, then.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It would be good to see female assistant managers.

If there were several of them already in the game, it would be easier for one to overcome the novelty/joke stigma of becoming a full manager, and just do the job.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
my wife and i were discussing when this issue would be raised a few days ago and it appears that laurie sanchez has now uttered a comment that he would expect a female manager within the next two years! Hope powell, gaby logan and all will be most happy. Karen brady is positively delighted it's been brought up!

yes, but only in womens football, it just wouldnt work.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Karen Brady is always vocal about it yet West Ham haven't taken the chance with a female manager. In all seriousness their team at the start of this season was by far the best in this league an I reckon my nanny could have been manager and won them the title. SA has somehow messed it up

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Absolutely no chance. Women are still hugely marginalised in the modern professional game. Will take more like 50 years I reckon.

Certainly not that long. It's not taken Sian Massey long to get accepted as a lino - does she get any stick ? I don't know, but she's proved herself to be more than capable. 5 years ago most people would have said that unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here