Wolves new stadium

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Slightly different to the image in your one Dougal, but maybe this is just the first phase.

Always quite liked Molineux.

WD3905702@MOLINEUX-DEVELOPM.jpg

Edit: yes it is the first phase, one stand redeveloped, raising the capacity from 29,000 to, er, 31,000...hey, I'm sure it's all part of the bigger picture...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Supposedly we will be finding out this week, maybe next week, whether this project is going ahead.

[edit] I've just been told that it is going ahead, with the Stan Cullis stand (built 1992) being ripped down in May. At the moment they are only going to do one stand, with the other 2 following dependent on Wolves' league position...

In answer to Edna's question - the 'new' Molineux will be built in 3 stages, stand by stand. This allows Wolves to re-evealuate at the end od each stage to see how whether they have the money.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yeah , I think your picture is Phase 1 which is a year then my link maybe after the 4 years. Maybe wrong.

Either way , looks superb to me.

Could moan about the gaps but it's hardly the Britannia

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oddly I don't mind the gaps, though they could do with being closer to the pitch.

If it had no gaps, it would just turn into another flat-pack St Mary's/Walkers style crap-o-rama.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This better not affect my asdas shop :angry:

I'm really glad for the club and the city... this is badly needed investment.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They have those two massive video screens in the corners at Molineaux and neither of them have worked for years!!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Molineux.jpg

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2011/01/24/wolves-close-to-decision-on-molineux-redevelopment/

Wolves close to decision on Molineux redevelopment
Monday 24th January 2011, 11:30AM GMT.
A decision on whether Wolves’ £40 million transformation dream will go ahead at the end of the season will be made within days, the club said this afternoon.

The development, which will see Molineux’s capacity increased from 29,408 to 37,000, was originally believed to have hinged on Wolves staying in the Premier League.

But Mr Morgan is making a decision early to allow time for contractors to be chosen and materials ordered.

Wolves spokesman Matt Grayson said: “A decision regarding whether or not we’ll proceed with stadium redevelopment in the summer will be made in late January or early February and everything is still on track.”

Planning bosses hope the transformation of the ground will be the catalyst for other developments to help change the face of the city.

Members of the council’s planning committee unanimously backed the redevelopment, which will see the dream of owner Steve Morgan to bring the pitch closer to fans become a reality.

The Stan Cullis Stand will be demolished and replaced with a new two-tier stand, before the Steve Bull Stand is rebuilt.

A new store, museum, banqueting suites and cafe will also be created.

Peal House, the former base of construction giant Carillion, is to be redeveloped as a 180-space car park.

Concerns had been raised about the proposed reduction of disabled parking bays from 46 to 12.

But club bosses insist the move is only temporary during the construction phase.

Mr Morgan has spoken of his desire to change the face of Molineux in stages.The initial phases of the project could be completed in time for the 2014/15 season. Wolves will then decide if further expansion, which will take the capacity to 50,000, is necessary.

But the grand plans have come with a warning of disruption and reduced capacity while the work is carried out.

More than 1,000 local people were invited to view plans and the feedback was said by Wolves to be “very positive”.

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey has said the Molineux redevelopment would be a “source of Civic pride for everyone connected to the club and the city.”

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Indeed they did. Tho the article says 74m for our new home ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that the £93m includes a lot of infrastructure work, ie the roads, railway access etc.

I cannot believe all the positive posts on this thread. Contemplating spending all that money to increase the capacity of this already-redeveloped stadium by just 7500 is ludicrous, and shows just how much money clubs at this level have to squander. It is indicative of the fleecing of fans though inflated ticket prices, which is the only reason I won't be going to Stoke despite my proximity to the Potteries; charging £20 to watch two depleted teams is outrageous.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
WD3672550@WOLVES-33-SL-27.jpg

Best pic of the three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here