Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves new stadium

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
molineux1971.jpg

the old molineux was pretty cool, look at that kop!

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I cannot believe all the positive posts on this thread. Contemplating spending all that money to increase the capacity of this already-redeveloped stadium by just 7500 is ludicrous, and shows just how much money clubs at this level have to squander. It is indicative of the fleecing of fans though inflated ticket prices, which is the only reason I won't be going to Stoke despite my proximity to the Potteries; charging £20 to watch two depleted teams is outrageous.

Calm down dear. They may well miss you but the game will still go on. :lol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I cannot believe all the positive posts on this thread. Contemplating spending all that money to increase the capacity of this already-redeveloped stadium by just 7500 is ludicrous, and shows just how much money clubs at this level have to squander. It is indicative of the fleecing of fans though inflated ticket prices, which is the only reason I won't be going to Stoke despite my proximity to the Potteries; charging £20 to watch two depleted teams is outrageous.

On the one hand I agree, but on the other hand, Molineux was a badly designed stadium in the first place - mostly down to it being the first new build after the reports into Hillsborough. In order to meet all the new criteria, especially with relevance to being able to evacuate the stadium in 10 minutes, they put all the stands miles away from the pitch (you could actually fit a regulation length pitch sideways at Molineux!). The 'new', soon to be old, Molineux was the blueprint for all modern stadiums thereafter - we all learnt from Wolves mistakes.

However, the poor atmosphere aside, I suspect the main driver behind this is corporate hospitality - which is where a lot of the expanded capacity will go. Wolves have seen a Arsenal (and are now seeing us) make loads of money off the back of corporate hospitality. It seems they want a bit of the action.

What will be interesting, is to see whether they stop at the one stand, or if they complete the full three phases and end up with a 3/4 redeveloped stadium. I suspect their ongoing Premier League status will be decide this for Wolves.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember going to Molineux when they only had 2 sides of the ground open - the crumbling old South Bank (which is where us away fans stood), and the new stand they'd just built alongside the pitch, but set miles back. The rest of the ground was derelict. Very strange atmosphere - not that I cared, we won 4-2, and this was the night Palace got SMASHED 9-0 at Anfield.

That was a happy journy home.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember going to Molineux when they only had 2 sides of the ground open - the crumbling old South Bank (which is where us away fans stood), and the new stand they'd just built alongside the pitch, but set miles back. The rest of the ground was derelict. Very strange atmosphere - not that I cared, we won 4-2, and this was the night Palace got SMASHED 9-0 at Anfield.

Back in the days where Wolves were our bunnies.

Took YEARS for them to finally beat us.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Like this?

2449413955_fb5ced4c3b.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pretty much, yep.
I'm fairly sure we were in the stand on the left there as you look at that pic, as I seem to remember the big new (as it was then) stand being on our right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here