Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves in for Ashley Barnes

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
According the Mirror they are in for him as a replacement for Taylor Fletcher.

Ash for cash: Wolves want Brighton goal-grabber Barnes as they prepare to lose Fletcher to Sunderland.

The 22-year-old Scottish Seagull ( ??? )has been catching the eye and was a fruitful forward for Gus Poyet's side last season.

Wolves boss Stale Solbakken is eyeing Brighton hot-shot Ashley Barnes as he prepares to lose Steven Fletcher.

Scottish forward Fletcher, 25, has slapped in a transfer request as he chases a switch to Sunderland.

And relegated Wolves are considering Albion's Barnes, 22, as a possible replacement. Barnes struck 14 goals last season for Gus Poyet's Championship side.

He also scored one and set-up two in Albion's recent shock 3-1 pre-season win over Chelsea.

Wolves want Ashley Barnes transfer as they prepare to lose Steven Fletcher to Sunderland - Mirror Online

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Offer us the £12 million or so that you're getting for Fletcher and we'll talk.

On a more serious note, Gus will not let Ash leave unless he is really desperate to go. If he does want to leave, we know Wolves have just snaffled a massive sum of money, so I'm sure Tony would take advantage. Could probably squeeze £1.5 - 2 million out of them if we absolutely had to, though of course I'd rather Barnes stayed.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't blame them, if there's any truth I guess we'll find out if we are a selling club...to clubs in our own division. I'd be gutted to lose him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But according to some on here he is shit so it can't be true. Would be fuming if he left to Wolves, though maybe not surprised. Bigger club looking to bounce back and would probably be more appreciated by fans there.

D

Deleted member 22389

All the shit he got last season from certain individuals on here and at the matches last season. I hope he doesn't go.
Wolves could also probably afford to pay him a lot more than he is earning here and they have a good shout for promotion too. I don't like the sound of this for various reasons.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
All the shit he got last season from certain individuals on here and at the matches last season. I hope he doesn't go.
Wolves could also probably afford to pay him a lot more than he is earning here and they have a good shout for promotion too. I don't like the sound of this for various reasons.

There is always the possibility it is agent talk, isn't he currently negotiating a new deal? Nothing like interest from other clubs to add a few quid a week to your pay cheque!

Really hope he doesn't go :(

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Well, re. CMS Gus saod he's not for sale but every player has his price if its high enough. Wuestion is, was he justifying a potential CMS sale or does it apply to everyone?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Only a matter of time before this happened. I reckon Barnes would be better off staying here. He knows he's well regarded which is a big plus point and we've got a fair pop at promotion too, maybe not as fancied as Wolves but they're hardly certs. He'll do well for us I'm sure and if we aren't to go up then he'll attract attention of Prem clubs next year if he wants to go. Add to that Wolves is a miserable dump of a place. Money will obviously be a big draw be it Wolves or whoever

D

Deleted member 22389

But according to some on here he is shit so it can't be true. Would be fuming if he left to Wolves, though maybe not surprised. Bigger club looking to bounce back and would probably be more appreciated by fans there.

And that is what is annoying me. Last season some bloke constantly moaning everytime he got the ball. I hope he doesn't return this season because he put me on a bloody downer. If the price and terms are right, Barnes could easily say goodbye.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
He's in the last year of his contract (I think), so if this is true AND he wants to go, then he'll be on his way.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5098230 said:
Can't see Spurs selling Defoe right now as he's the only senior striker on their books at the moment!

Well that's what I though, but stranger things have happened! Don't understand how you can justify 12 million for fletcher IMO

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
In the pre-season games that I have seen him in this year Barnes has looked much better than last season. If we now sell him, and to another Championship club, it would be bizarre beyond belief.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here