Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves: a point gained or 2 points dropped?

Was Wolves a point gained or two points dropped?

• A point gained

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • 2 points dropped

Votes: 82 75.9%

• Total voters

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Overall im happy with a point always am away from home unless its a really shit team however i do feel it was two dropped due to how we dominated and took the lead agaimst TEN MEN!

However the diffce between us and palace is they are scorimg their chances as we are not as plenty of times this season we should have beaten teams and have not. But its progress as last season we wasnt even creating at time let alone scoring.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Defo 2 points dropped, fair play to Wolves though, kept at it even with 10. They weren't the best team with 11, should have finished them off with 10, long before the 91st minute.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Overall im happy with a point always am away from home unless its a really shit team however i do feel it was two dropped due to how we dominated and took the lead agaimst TEN MEN!

However the diffce between us and palace is they are scorimg their chances as we are not as plenty of times this season we should have beaten teams and have not. But its progress as last season we wasnt even creating at time let alone scoring.

Re your last sentence a lot of peeps forget that when comparing where we are as against this time last season....the chat was all about how little we were creating...progress has been made ...further to go

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
2 dropped. We murdered them. Need to pass the ball FORWARDS in the final third though, so frustrating......and how good is Liam Bridcutt!

Good game, shame we couldn't hold on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
While driving over to Brighton after work tonight I was listening to 5Live covering the Ireland v Saffers rugby international, they inteuppted to say that Villa were now 2-0 up against United..... now immediately I wanted to get a bet on to back United to win. I knew straight away they would win that game despite being 2 down. It's a different mindset, we were 1-1 against 10 men and I thought we would probabaly lose the game so to me a draw is a bonus. but, united would have wiped the floor with them. thats the difference.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
2 dropped. We murdered them. Need to pass the ball FORWARDS in the final third though, so frustrating......and how good is Liam Bridcutt!

Good game, shame we couldn't hold on.

Outstanding! Liam has developed pretty much all the skills required to play in the prem IMO. Lets hope we can hang on to him until the end of season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A point gained away from home , 8th in the table , entertaining game of football , we got our money's worth.

bernardo

Nov 2, 2012
Well, which is it?
Considering the Seagulls are coming out of a bad spell it's a very good result even if Wolves were down to ten. A game at the Molineux, it's always, always going to have a thrilling end as they always go for the epic, though the Seagulls should never depend on how the other team plays. Seagulls have the best defense and play the most enjoyable football to watch ( which is what football is there for ). Three goals conceded in one is not going to happen many times more this season. Keep on playing like you know. You'll be up there by the end of the season. Come on Albion!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good shout ! I noticed that today that we frequently didn't have men on the posts at their corners today - and it cost us in the end ! Should have been out of sight within the first 10 mins of the second half. I'm disappointed but it was great to watch us boss the game so much - even before they went down to 10 men.

Well spotted. I have noted our defending at corners is not quite how I think is best. I think we should have one defender at the far post, and a group of three defending the near post, but not on the line, including one to cut out the ball along the ground for some one to run on to and shoot, Trippier style.

Not that the opposing teams are that well organised.

It is a shame about the sending off. It just gave them an excuse.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Deepends......if we were 3-0 down and we came back to make it 3-3 most of us would've been happy...but winning 3-2 and they equalise it doesn't look so good....yet the score is still the same.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Two dropped. Wolves hadn't won for six games (I think) before yesterday and, as much as any away game is 'winnable', I thought that one was. Plus I remember the times when we ALWAYS won at Wolves.

And yes when we played Wolves in the League Cup back in 1969 when we were in the 3rd division and they were in the first I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be disappointed with a 3-3 draw at Molineux etc etc etc

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It can ONLY be described as 2 points dropped after the way the game panned out. Statistically the best defence in the championship conceeds 2 goals to a team with 10. after being 3-2 up with moments left, the best sides dont give the opportunity for the other to get back into it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why are people banging on about it being against ten men. Since when has playing against ten men ever been easy? It's a point gained for me .

Having said that, the question may has well just have been: are you a cheerful optimist or a miserable pessimist?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Why are people banging on about it being against ten men. Since when has playing against ten men ever been easy? It's a point gained for me .

Having said that, the question may has well just have been: are you a cheerful optimist or a miserable pessimist?

LOL - its a lot easier than playing against 11.

So by your mentality, you'd rather play against 11 every week....................?? Im realistic notters!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
LOL - its a lot easier than playing against 11.

So by your mentality, you'd rather play against 11 every week....................?? Im realistic notters!!
I'd say it's more often than not harder. This isn't because there are ten men per se but because those remaining feel aggrieved and are more determined to win than they would otherwise be.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Two dropped and really annoying as well.

Still onwards and upwards - Hudders this Saturday and one of the best pub towns pre-match by a mile.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Even before the sending off we were more than a match for them,and in the second half if our defenders could have defended and our stikers struck,this would have been the same as the Leeds - Watford game.

But that was a no and a no,so we ended up with a draw in a very entertaining match,and as it seems likely we won't be going up,we might as well be entertained,what ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a funny one, if we'd been told before the season started we'd get a point at Wolves most of us would have been happy :shrug:

True. But when you're leading, with only minutes to go, your thoughts at the start if the season are largely irrelevant. Leading with minutes to go is clearly 2 points dropped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here