Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just home. Outstanding performances all over the pitch. Almost impossible to pick a MOTM because the whole team were on it from the first whistle to the last. Fantastic stuff :clap2::clap2:

We’ve been an excellent side all season, all bar the scoring. When it does happen team’s cop it from us. 9 points from last 3 awaits is incredible, that they’re all top 8 even more so.

I know for most of us it’s frustrating it hasn’t happened at home more, but 44pts from 35 games is a massive achievement - it wasn’t 5 games ago there were people saying we wouldn’t get another point!! I never felt like that, even in the slump our performances were mostly decent.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Have a look at the pen we did score on match of the day. Keeper was miles of his line as Argie Mac hits it. No wonder he got close to it. Doubt it would have been retaken though

Not so sure myself - looks as though one foot is exactly on the line at the moment it was kicked, but the other in front and he was leaning forwards.

Capture.PNG

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We’ve been an excellent side all season, all bar the scoring. When it does happen team’s cop it from us. 9 points from last 3 awaits is incredible, that they’re all top 8 even more so.

I know for most of us it’s frustrating it hasn’t happened at home more, but 44pts from 35 games is a massive achievement - it wasn’t 5 games ago there were people saying we wouldn’t get another point!! I never felt like that, even in the slump our performances were mostly decent.

9pts from 4 away games!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One fantastic day out, we were awesome today and received massive compliments from Wolves fans post match they were impressed with us

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Have to say I've long thought the constant banging on about record this record that top ten this top ten that was bullshit Barber spin but my god it paid off today. We looked interested against a team on the beach. 0-3 flattered Wolves. Another incredible away day, not sure this season is going to get topped

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have to say I've long thought the constant banging on about record this record that top ten this top ten that was bullshit Barber spin but my god it paid off today. We looked interested against a team on the beach. 0-3 flattered Wolves. Another incredible away day, not sure this season is going to get topped

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
I guess it's lucky we came back from the beach just as everyone else was in the departure lounge.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Walking back to the car, a Wolves fan in a pub knocked on the window as we went past, applauded and mouthed ‘well played’

He/she didn’t have to do that. That’s a generous, simple and wonderful memory for the day. It supports what I’ve heard which is that Wolves is a great game to go to. This is what football should be about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure, Tony might still have an ace up his sleeve
Indeed, but I'm sure we have already tried offering him what we pay others.

If he believes he's destined for a top 4 club, then if I were him I'd hope for an offer from one of those clubs, and then go - in which case we'd get paid a fair rate - but if an offer doesn't come in from one this summer, I'd be interested in signing a 1 year contract extension (in his shoes), so I could stay and progress in a club where I'm settled, whilst still being ready for a move to a big club if it comes in. That would seem better for him than going to a medium sized club, which would seem like a waste.

Alternatively he might just want to run his contract down if a big club doesn't come in for him. That would be disappointing from our point of view.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Walking back to the car, a Wolves fan in a pub knocked on the window as we went past, applauded and mouthed ‘well played’
How come all these Wolves fans are so gracious? I'm not used to attitudes like that from away fans.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Great game when I thought it was going to be beach club time.
No time for petulance in a team effort Mr Maupay, probably a Gallic trait.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How come all these Wolves fans are so gracious? I'm not used to attitudes like that from away fans.

We walked out of the stadium straight into a fight - 3 arrested.
Quietly walked through town.
Then above conversation happened which induced a few laughs and pleasantries.
2 Wolves fans walked and chatted with us for 5 more minutes.

As we passed a seriously rough looking pub a narly old b****** was outside, nodded at me and Jnr, then said to our new friends

"Sack the Portuguese c***" :lolol:

A smorgasbord of support.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The old 1-4-3-2 chestnut

FRm6Fj7XsAYWkUF.jpeg

No imagination.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For me it was just the fact that it was a third goal with bugger all time left in the game and no Wolves fans left in the ground. His passion came out at Spurs in a much harder win where he was instrumental but didn't score.

I've very little doubt we'll cash in during the next window anyway, but what I like about Biss is that he gets the moments that matter and the ones that don't.

Sorry if this is psychoanalysis

Think Biss was still sulking at not being allowed to take the second penalty. When he doesn’t get what he want…

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I think GP said a few days ago that BHA need to sell a player or two every season for mega bucks to progress higher up in the PL. If we can get higher in the league all should be good, even when favourite players leave.
Finishing top 10-ish is key to the next few seasons now,.... players will be more inclined to sign for plucky old Brighton if we have clearly progressed past the 'survival' aspirations.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here