Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woking Away (Now official thread) - All Ticket

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Your joking right? 900 tickets for a game about 1 hours drive away at a ground many won't ever have ever been too.

Are there really 900 mugs who will take time off work to shell out again to watch our reserves play a pub side! I wouldn't worry about STH taking up the allocation, there will be loads of tickets available. In all probability, as we have matches on the Saturday and Tuesday following the replay, I would expect the side we put out to include even fewer first team regulars.

onehanded

Oct 22, 2010
What, 40 mins away drive to watch FA cup game and a night out. Expect we will sell as many tickets as we get and lots more buying from woking direct. Already London Brighton fans will number 180 from club and fans love to visit a new ground.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
last time we played there, we drew Manchester United at Old Trafford. This time we get the poor mans equivilent

I'd say the principled man's equivalent would be more accurate.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Have swapped shifts at work so I finish at 4 for this one!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Woking fans, is there an offy on the way back to the station from the ground so I can get some shant for the journey home?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Woking fans, is there an offy on the way back to the station from the ground so I can get some shant for the journey home?

I went on a course there a few years back and there was a convenience store over the road to the station.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

Can a Charlton fan wot comes from Woking and now lives in Brighton answer? If so, the train station's right in the town centre. The town side (North, trains to London) is opposite to the ground side (South, trains to Pompey/Soton/etc), but a short - 30 second - subway or bridge connects the two sides. There's loads of pubs etc on the town side, but also a booze-selling corner shop and taxis on the ground side too. Town itself is finally (20+ years after I left it) getting a bit of a pub/club scene, mostly Yates/Wetherspoon type places but all within a couple of mins walk of the station (turn right outside the north - main - side of the station and take the road, Chersey Road, that splits off to the left, they're all there).

Someone on another thread described Woking as a village, it's actually of comparable size to Worthing (approaching 100k population) not that Worthing ain't a village ;) Woking's primarily a commuter town, first stop after London for fast trains to Hampshire/Dorset coast, so should be mentally quick (20 mins from Clapham Jct) on the train out, albeit full of gurning twats in suits. Likely slower on the way back as it will be as much stoppers as fast trains by then. You can also possibly get a train to Guildford (two stops South) then a train from there to Gatwick/Three Bridges, but please really DON'T, it's the slowest train in the world, and will be almost an hour longer than going via Crapham. I've made that mistake enough times myself.

onehanded

Oct 22, 2010
Time for a good Brighton showing. It's on tv and local. Need to get as many singers and real noisey supporters as we can. Got a mini bus going from pub and everyone needs to along with mates to give it some. Thinking flag and beach toys!!!!

Last edited:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
anyone know when ticket details will be released?

really want to get to this one - got a feeling that the club will be selling them over the counter only to avoid postal problems as its now only a week away...

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
The town side is somewhat tedious and if you wanted a drink then you would be beter taking the 10/15 minute train to Guildford where there are better pubs outside the station.

The walk from the station is about 15 minutes to the ground and although there is the leisure centre opposite the ground it will a be a nightmare to park. Also all the road around Woking FC are small narrow roads. I have refereed there a few times (not the senior side) and parking is crap even for officials as there is about a dozen parking spots at the ground.

If you want to drink on the town side as you come out of the station take the right hand street and that will lead you to the chain pubs and the usual food joints to help you soak up the beer.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

Yeah there are loads on the main street down from the station.

I'm looking at going - have got the day off so probably will! I take it there's no real likelihood that it's going to sell out?

card-fan

Oct 25, 2010
To answer some of your questions, Woking isn't as bad as made out. I've been to worse believe me. On the town side of the station (Exit at platform 1) there are a host of pubs including the Station House, Yates', O'Neills & Wetherspoons all within a minute of each other. If you're after food down this way, there are a wide selection of fast food chains - KFC, Mcdonalds etc. If you exit from Platform 5, there is a pub 5 minutes from the station on route to the ground called The Sovereigns. Decent pub which does decent grub and a selection of booze.

For the guy who was asking about the Booze for the journey home, there is a Budgens situated on the town side, which can be accessed via the Subway situated next to the station. It will bring you out right opposite.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

P.S We aren't a pub team...yet.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Assuming it hasn't changed since the pre-season friendly we had under Wilkins, it isn't a bad little ground.

onehanded

Oct 22, 2010
Sold nearly 200 in the first half hour. Going to be a sell out. We need to all show up for this 1.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Tickets 219 and 220 just sold :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here