Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean still not selling out

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
So it's nothing to do with the pricing? £25 or whatever it is now is an absolute joke. I'd love to go tonight but simply cannot afford to pay that kind of money to sit in that joke of a stadium :censored:

£22 at Derby!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
But with demand exceeding capacity people are prepared to pay a higher price (economics A'Level has some uses)

Not sure, but I thought I read on a thread here that internet sales are going to make a comeback with the new seats.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Scarface said:
Lots of people just assume that they wont be able to get tickets and dont even try. With a bigger capacity they might think differently.

couldn't agree more

plus those of us who used to be s/t holders but stopped (for whatever reason) now cant easily get hold of tickets with their mates

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
SurreySeagulls said:
Given their catch area they get crap home crowds. Their opening game agaisnt Plymouth only attracted 16,836 and no doubt there was a good following from the west country so why should we expect them to sell out.

You are either a newbie football fan or a plum, one of the two.....

If you knew anything about football/Reading FC, you would know that at their old ground (Elm Park) they would only average what we get now at Withdean. Since the advent of their new stadium they have more than doubled their home attendance, which is pretty bloody good, bearing in mind the lack of apathy in the Berkshire area for football for so many years......Reading FC are not a footballing 'name' and will never have sustained large crowd, so the fact they got nearly 17,000 in their ground for their first game should be admired and respected, not criticised

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
which is pretty bloody good, bearing in mind the lack of apathy in the Berkshire area for football for so many years

:nono: :nono:

Rich Suvner said:
those of us who used to be s/t holders but stopped (for whatever reason) now cant easily get hold of tickets with their mates
The reason for this is obvious ...

It's because WITHDEAN SELLS OUT.

Despite what the gloom merchants (and Falmer Parish Council) say.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
You are either a newbie football fan or a plum, one of the two.....

If you knew anything about football/Reading FC, you would know that at their old ground (Elm Park) they would only average what we get now at Withdean. Since the advent of their new stadium they have more than doubled their home attendance, which is pretty bloody good, bearing in mind the lack of apathy in the Berkshire area for football for so many years......Reading FC are not a footballing 'name' and will never have sustained large crowd, so the fact they got nearly 17,000 in their ground for their first game should be admired and respected, not criticised
I agree to a certain exstent,reading are trying to compete and move that extra step like many clubs.Yes plymouth had 4400 fans at the games.Reading isn't as big a catchment area as many think.you have oxford and swindon up the road.You have london 25 mins away and even southampton and pompey about an hour away mmmm.

Last season was a record average for the royals at 17k,you can't deny the away fans are a major part of their crowds,but they where used to 4-5k for many many years.:smokin: so i can't see anything wrong with clubs making an improvement on things.Football needs clubs growing and new stadiums.

The only thing that really annoys me about reading,is that most of there fans don't no their own history,and most think we have had 5-6k all our history:lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
O yeah the ticket situation:shootself
The withdean is a no go for many,its mostly tax dodging students and familys anyway.Roll on falmer when the proper casuals can once again go with their mates like you should at football.

Most albion fans gave up ages ago applying for tickets,just not worth the hassle these days end of,not to mention high prices and zero facilities:shootself :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here