Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean still not selling out

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
_wilka_ said:

Firstly scrap this ballet system which must put people off.

Agreed-tu tus have no place in football!

note to self: press enter quicker:blush:

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
internet tix would be a great idea, the other problem is your not allowed to collect tickets on the gate either I believe ??? thats stupid becasue we always used to meet people outside with spare tickets !

the general gist of my previous thread was 'help, get us out of Withdean into a proper football ground'

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Reading Sold Out

By Paul Camillin

Typically, Albion will kick off their home campaign in front of a full house against Reading tonight, after eager fans snapped up the last few remaining tickets for the Withdean opener this morning.

A small number of unsold tickets went on general sale at 10am this morning, but sold out in under an hour.

Jason Dodd, Wayne Henderson, Paul McShane and Coca-Cola Kid Colin Kazim-Richards are expected to make their home debuts in the sell-out clash with Steve Coppell's Reading.

Tickets are still available for Saturday's home game with Crewe Alexandra. They can be purchased in person, or by calling the ticketline on 01273 776992.

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~696891,00.html

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Was just about to say they are now gone, as a mate of mine called up about one. Apparently there really was only a miniscual number.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Easy 10 said:
Totally agree.

I can barely get into my tutu any more, and frankly, I think I look a bit silly in it anyway.

Maybe you need a Three Three

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
zefarelly said:
the other problem is your not allowed to collect tickets on the gate either I believe ??? thats stupid becasue we always used to meet people outside with spare tickets !

There's always a queue at the ticket window at the ground, so I doubt this very much.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Scarface said:
No, we can still have a moan about Reading not being able to sell out their end.

Ever since we beat them 3-1 in t he race for the Div 2 title they havent sold out. i know it's a shit place to ocme but the sun is out, its warm, its NOT going to rain and Reading is only an hour and a half by car. They have NO excuse....

Big club, my arse..!

:flameboun

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Given their catch area they get crap home crowds. Their opening game agaisnt Plymouth only attracted 16,836 and no doubt there was a good following from the west country so why should we expect them to sell out.

I know we will only get 6,500 odd tonight but we are hampered by having a sh$t ground.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
SurreySeagulls said:
Given their catch area they get crap home crowds. Their opening game agaisnt Plymouth only attracted 16,836 and no doubt there was a good following from the west country so why should we expect them to sell out.

I know we will only get 6,500 odd tonight but we are hampered by having a sh$t ground.
There were 4000 Plymouth fans there, so thats just under 13000 home fans. Compare that to Derby, similar size team and city, take away 1700 away fans and you still get over 23000.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Scarface said:
There were 4000 Plymouth fans there, so thats just under 13000 home fans. Compare that to Derby, similar size team and city, take away 1700 away fans and you still get over 23000.
Don`t agree with Reading being on par with Derby. If Reading have a bad season they will struggle to attract 12,000.

Last edited:

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
If they were for sale on the web they would all go. This happened three seasons ago. Its because the club for some reason want to stay in the dark ages!!

Thus people think that the games are sold out so don't bother.

Shame ;-(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here