Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean still not selling out

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
:nono:

Still tickets for tonight! What is going on?

It will be embarrassing if the new seats go in and we can't even sell the ones we already have!

Tickets are still available for tonight's match. They can be bought over the telephone with credit or debit card and collected at Withdean this evening by calling 01273 776992; or in person at the club's ticket office in Queens Road.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Someone was on here the other day saying they couldn't get hold of any Reading tickets cos it was sold out...maybe they've had a few late returns.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Easy 10 said:
Someone was on here the other day saying they couldn't get hold of any Reading tickets cos it was sold out...maybe they've had a few late returns.

That is normal, last season I got a few tickets by calling the day before / on the day.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Always worth a punt at the last minute innit Wardy. I've had mates who've rolled into the ticket office the day before the game just on the offchance, and got lucky.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
I've just found out I can't make it tonight, so if anyone from this area (Pompey, Chichester) wants my ticket , let me know...:(

Last edited:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lots of people just assume that they wont be able to get tickets and dont even try. With a bigger capacity they might think differently.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the same old problem . . .you can't buy tickets on the dor

the sooner that situation changes, the sooner 10 000 people will start going to games again :angry:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
_wilka_ said:
:nono:

Still tickets for tonight! What is going on?

It will be embarrassing if the new seats go in and we can't even sell the ones we already have!
Shit ground no fans Shit ground no fans!!!!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Surely you must sell 9,000 tickets for your 1st home game. Especially v your old hero Sir Coppell.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
zefarelly said:
the same old problem . . .you can't buy tickets on the dor

the sooner that situation changes, the sooner 10 000 people will start going to games again :angry:

Problem is you can't do that at Withdean. How many tickets are available to non-season ticket holders? 600? less. Most would be sold before hand leaving say 100-150. What happens when 500 people turn up for those tickets.

None would also be able to use the park and ride, as they wouldn't have vouchers, so they would therefore try and park in the exclusion zone.

Until we get Falmer, tickets will never be available on the gate

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Something needs to be done.

Firstly scrap this ballot system which must put people off. IF games aren't selling out there is no need for it!

Also how about setting up a text service which is free but they send the latest ticket news to peoples phones. Surely a text on the day ofa game with the ticket office number would shift the tickets if any are left?

Internet ticket sales would help as well.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
_wilka_ said:

Also how about setting up a text service which is free but they send the latest ticket news to peoples phones. Surely a text on the day ofa game with the ticket office number would shift the tickets if any are left?

Internet ticket sales would help as well.

Now THAT is a good idea.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Anyway Reading is now officially sold out (for Birghton fans).

I wasn't going to be able to make it but now I can suddenly, except that I haven't got a ticket :( :(

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Internet Tickets like they used to do in the old Chamionship Div 3 season is a splendid idea.

That way any ballot tickets not sold, bung them on 'tinternet and general sale at the club shop.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
_wilka_ said:
Firstly scrap this ballet system which must put people off. IF games aren't selling out there is no need for it!
Totally agree.

I can barely get into my tutu any more, and frankly, I think I look a bit silly in it anyway.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm of the opinion that if a visiting club doesn't return their unsol allocation they must return the unsold seats SEVEN days before the game or else pay for them.

A week may seem like a long time but few supporters in the league can consider a visit to Withdean without having to plan it. Apart from the fact that every game is all ticket the travel arrangements usually need planning. The only club that it doesn't really apply to is Palace. Even QPR fans need to consider the situation.

If the tickets were back here in a week then more local fans would be interested I'm sure.

I just wonder just how much we've lost due to opposition clubs failing to sell out which most do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here