Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean Stadium This Morning

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
SOrry about my camera, its on its last legs, when you zoom its hard to keep a steady hand :)

SOme of the club officials are now heading to the ground. I spoke to Richard Hebbard, and as I was a car decided to leave tongden lane and head into the trees

He was kind enough to take a photo of me with my snowman, he said he was hopeful of the game going ahead. He said the only way to get it on is for the snow to thaw. He expected it to go up 5 degrees today and could see it thawing.

If it doesnt thaw, it would mean moving the snow, but they have no wehre to put it so have to leave it on the pitch

n641880531_5719700_4611.jpg

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
your 4th picture

that is a hell of a skid .......

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
"he said he was NOT hopeful of the game going ahead. He said the only way to get it on is for the snow to thaw. He expected it to go up 5 degrees (today) TOMORROW and could see it thawing."

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"he said he was NOT hopeful of the game going ahead. He said the only way to get it on is for the snow to thaw. He expected it to go up 5 degrees (today) TOMORROW and could see it thawing."

typical...Brett gets something else wrong.

ban him Richard

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is an easy answer to this Richard Hebberd as the Club Safety Officer could call in the Health and Safety Officer at Brighton Council who if he called it off would overide anything the FL can do. Peterborough team coach getting to the ground is probably the least of the worries as from what I have seen the main roads are clear or at least able to be driven on without too much trouble.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There is an easy answer to this Richard Hebberd as the Club Safety Officer could call in the Health and Safety Officer at Brighton Council who if he called it off would overide anything the FL can do. Peterborough team coach getting to the ground is probably the least of the worries as from what I have seen the main roads are clear or at least able to be driven on without too much trouble.

Yeah, because Richard doesn't know what he's doing... :rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobody is suggesting that he is incapable and doesnt know what he is doing, it just takes the pressure off of him and the club if they have an independant assessment.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
At the minute there is no way that the game can go ahead but the weather forecast is for the temperatures to rise by mid-day tomorrow to 4/5 degrees. If so a thaw could mean the game could go ahead. At present the pitch is not frozen.

The Club are trying to get a more accurate weather forecast.

There are two main reasons why the game would be called off - the spectator areas are dangerous or the road conditions are too dangerous for the movement of large numbers of people. The first would be a Club decision, the second a joint decision between the police and club.

A decision will be made and publicised as soon as it is clear that the game can or can not go ahead.

Council health and safety have nothing to do with the decision making process.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't the snow be shovelled and dumped behind the west goal (away end) to form - for one night only - a new 'Snow Kop'?

Joined up thinking, see?

Not so joined up, if that happened then the 'Boro fans wouldn't be able to see without standing up, which is an offence.

Oh.

THPP, love it, do you think they could hand them out as we arrive at the ground, you know, like the ponchos!

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
As the Colbourne Kid says, the club, police and interested parties will do everything they can to get the game on, however it it cant happen, then everyone is keen to make the decision as early as possible, however if it is called off right now and tomorrows possible weather forecast is for warmer temperatures, it would cause even more problems. Rest assured no one wants a very late call off and the people who make the decision are in the right place to do it.

I think the health and safety officer at the council has a few more pressing problems today than the football stadium for which he has no remit for..

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Spoke to someone today whose son lives in Peterborough. Apparently there is no snow there yet but apparently its due. Therefore if they were going to travel the day before, as some clubs do, there wont be a problem getting here. So I guess its just down to pitch conditions and crowd safety..

I dont think the pitch will be frozen as I went snowball fighting today in the park and under the snow the ground was quite slippy...

So if they can clear the snow on the pitch and in the stands it could be on...

I wont mind volunteering to clear the snow if the game can go ahead. Put me down for it...:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here